Working mums

kbwebb

Reaction score
*posting here due to higher traffic and more opinions*

how did you go about childcare and working? i have never worked, so im looking into apprenticeships because i have no experience of course. I have found a apprenticeship for 32.5 hours a week, but it only pays 87.10 per week. how will i cover childcare costs?
my OH works 39 hours per week at £6 per hour i dont know if this would make a difference if im entitled to any help with childcare?

OH's wages stretch to the bills and car costs, but little else so i have to pay the food bill with my child tax and child benefit currently.
i just dont want to end up not being able to afford basic living costs by trying to get into employment for the first time :wacko::nope:

I think if you look around for local hair dressers they offer slightly higher wages for apprentice's plus you could probably work weekends as well so your husband can look after your baby to cut down on child care.

I am assuming an apprenticeship is a normal form of employment with taxable pay? In which case you will be entitled to working tax credits that will pay up to 70% of childcare costs, as yours and your OH's wages would be relatively low still I think you would get a good amount of assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->