Working out mommas-to-be!

Welcome Struth :hi: and congrats on the weight loss, that is amazing!!!

You should be able to keep running for awhile if it's part of your exercise routine (my running group leader ran through all of her four pregnancies with no issues). Also, I love to do things like pregnancy workouts or prenatal yoga to mix things up a bit.

Sass, I think Greats is right re the baby's position and having it make things more uncomfortable when you're walking. The bike is probably a good alternative or maybe something more gentle like yoga or swimming after walking for a bit.

I walk about 4 km a day while at work now (about 2.5 miles); I cut back from 5km a day as I was finding that my back and hips were starting to get really uncomfortable in the end so I would do whatever distance works best for you.

And awesome job re the weight gain this time around. I've gained 26 lbs so far and still weigh less than I did 6 weeks post partum with Isla. :wacko: I also have not had any of the swelling that I had with her pregnancy yet (knock on wood, started around this time). Last time I also lost weight for the last two or three weeks of pregnancy so hoping I will do the same this time.

The swelling factor- yes! Almost forgot about that. I couldn't fit in my shoes or flip flops by month 7/8. Here we are going into month 9 and I'm still in my shoes!

The swelling factor- yes! Almost forgot about that. I couldn't fit in my shoes or flip flops by month 7/8. Here we are going into month 9 and I'm still in my shoes!

That's amazing sass! It really is amazing what a little exercise does. I saw a health summary that a person can even be quite over weight but in really good health if active, just have to keep working at it:thumbup:

Yep, I started swelling right around now last time but swelled up very suddenly and quite badly, (you can literally see the difference in my body and face from my 33 week to my 34 week picture). That was the most uncomfortable part of my pregnancy so any week I don't have that is a definite blessing :thumbup:

Hey ladies!
May I join you?
Just found out we are pregnant (due March 20) and was training for bikini pro shows, obviously not going to be modeling a bikini on stage for anyone any time soon but excited to join and share recipes and workouts!

Hi stuck & welcome:wave:
This thread is full of great links & the ladies very wise:thumbup:

I'm taking out some fish this weekend ladies, it's also smoking hot here. Any fish BBQ recipes? It's fillets, not whole fish...Thx in advance!

Hey ladies. Great idea for a thread! Can I ask some advice?

I usually run 3 miles 3-4 times a week but since finding out I'm expecting #2 i've had some cramping and tiny bit of spotting and I'm a nervous wreck. And I'm too scared to workout!

I really want to go for a run so badly but irrationally I just feel terrified that I'll hurt the bean!

x

Hi MrsMcP, if you're freaking out try something with lower impact maybe? At least for the first trimester until that baby has really implanted firmly. I still exercised during first tri but I made sure I wasn't doing impact stuff in kick boxing and hiit classes. As long as you're used to exercise and it's not a big change for you but do follow your body's queues and take it easy if you feel you should!

Bleeding is a sign your body isn't happy so a change sounds right to me too. Elliptical or swimming maybe? I'd also report the spotting to your dr. I had some at 6 weeks that they thought may have been a vanishing twin or a blood pocket left from implantation. I was later diagnosed with a low lying placenta which can also cause bleeding, so you just never know. Best to check in. Gl!

^^ I totally agree, best to report any spotting to your doctor, even though it can often be normal in early pregnancy.

How is everyone doing? Still trying to keep active with my workouts and am doing my walks at work. Have been doing them early morning as it has been so crazy hot here the past week.

Still no real swelling and my weight gain is just under 30 lbs for this pregnancy, which I am very happy about. Hopefully it makes getting back into shape post pregnancy as easy as possible :thumbup:

Hi Mrs Eddie, 36 weeks - not long now!! I just turned 30 weeks and am having nausia for the first time this pregnancy. Lost my lunch on Saturday so violently my nose started to bleed at the same time. Freaked me out for a second because I thought I was vomiting blood:sick:
I'm still doing my kick boxing class and today is yoga. Walking most evenings. Weight is hovering between 12-13 lbs up, I'm a little behind the curve as I'm finding it difficult to eat. Sugar and carbs make me feel sick sick sick. The pressure of baby on my tummy resulted in losing Saturdays lunch. I've been diagnosed with GD although I'm 5 lbs lower than the minimum recommended weight gain and my blood sugars are always borderline minimum. When I have carbs they spike too high making me feel ill.

I went into the group GD session sucking back a spinach protein shake munching on a bran muffin, I was the only one eating. After an hour they took everyone's blood sugar and even though I'd just eaten mine the good thing was mine down at 4.6 while everyone else's was up around 6.8-7.4. So maybe I'm just borderline GD? I just hope the next 10-12 weeks fly by quick, it's getting really uncomfortable with being so limited with food and baby kicking up further into the ribs. I don't know how short ladies do it, or twin mamas for that matter - but I applaud and have a renewed respect for 3rd tri mums-to-be!

Hi again everyone! I just spent a few minutes reading through the last few pages.
I can't believe time has gone by so quickly! So many of you are right there at the end now!
I hope you are feeling great. It sounds like you are doing excellent with exercise. I had to get down to just walking in my last 2 weeks. And I was concerned about how I would do getting back to exercising. But now that my baby is almost 4 months old, I finally made it back to the gym. I started up last week. It feels so good and it even feels like I never quit--so weird! I had to wait until she was a little over 3 months because she just wasn't going long enough between feedings until then. And for 2 weeks, every day I resolved to go workout the next day, we'd end up with a rough night. So one morning I decided to stop waiting for it to get easier and just go. I'm so glad I did.
It feels good to exercise without the baby weight. I feel kind of invincible. That's one of the excellent things about working out while pregnant. Afterwards, it feels like I can do anything! I even got on the treadmill the other day because all of the ellipticals were taken and I found I could run! I couldn't believe it because running for even a few seconds during pregnancy was unbearable. It felt good to be back at normal.

I just can't say enough how great it is to see how so many of you are still exercising. You are going to feel great and recover nicely after the baby comes! I'll have to check in here more often to see how the deliveries have gone. Can't wait! :)

Rebecca, that's very inspiring. Thank you! I'll have to remember what you've said 3-4 months out.

So good to hear from you Rebecca! You've been such an inspiration this entire pregnancy. And so good to hear you're doing so well too. Tomorrow marks the start of my last two weeks. I mostly just walk (even slower now) but sometimes hop on the machines too. I'm so happy with my weight gain this time vs last time. I'm really hoping it makes my delivery and recovery much better this time.

Rebecca it is great to hear from you! Glad that you've been able to get back to the gym and good for you! How are you finding life with two?

Sass, I feel the same way this pregnancy, much happier with my weight gain and no swelling this time still, which has been awesome!

2have4kids, hope you're feeling better and sorry to hear about the GD.

Hi everyone!! :wave: So glad to see this thread is still around! I used to post here way back when it was first started but then sadly lost my August Baby at 14 weeks.

Anyway, I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant with my rainbow boy and need to get moving again - I feel embarrassed when I see my user name because I don't feel fit at all at the moment - first trimester exhaustion kicked my ass!

Today I'm doing hatha yoga at lunch (figure I'll be booted out after my punch card expires because I'm visibly preggers and it's not a prenatal class, so enjoying it while I can).

I'm going to start using the gym in my condo complex after work and sign up for prenatal aquafit as well.

Can't wait to hear about everyone else's workouts. :)

Fitmama2be I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Good for you for getting back into the swing of things. It doesn't take long, you'll feel great again.

How's everyone else?
I did a photoshoot at the local pool with an adventuresome photographer. I loved her artistic work but unfortunately being 5 lbs underweight for my gestational timeline I don't have much of a belly (yet)? We have another photo shoot that she's doing in the mountains for us in the end of August, hopefully that'll be a little more pronounced.
The doctors stopped tracking my GD because I never went over the high blood sugar limit and prob being underweight helped them with that decision. I eat really healthy, just don't have much of an appetite and can't fit much in at the moment. Trying though!
watershot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->