Working out mommas-to-be!

https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/21-day-fix-simple-fitness-eating.do?e=433000

It's basically just clean eating combined with 30 minute daily workouts. It's awesome. They provide you with the containers which are color coded for veggies, fruits, proteins, starches and fats. Then they tell you how much of each container you can have per day. It makes it super simple and the workouts are awesome. They can be modified for anyone. They have a girl that always does the modifiers in the videos so if you are a beginner, you just follow Kat. They also have options that are more advanced if you need more of a challenge. I have lost 23 pounds using the fix. I love it. I'm actually about to go do my workout now (at 10 pm) because I finally feel up to working out today.

So speaking of the fix, I had a question for all of those who work out during pregnancy. They have a 10 minute video just for abs. It's 10 minutes straight of just crunches, leg lifts, bicycles, etc. I had just started to add this on after I finished my daily workouts last week before I found out I was pregnant. Can I still do these workouts if I had just started them last week? I am in decent shape right now so I feel like I can handle the workout but I don't want to do anything that could possibly cause me to lose the baby.

I think ab workouts are ok up to a certain point in pregnancy. Not sure when that would be but assuming some time in the 2nd trimester? You also want to be careful about doing too many core exercises that can cause your abs to separate as your bump gets bigger... Rectus diastus or something?

I miss ab workouts! Lol

This fix looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
I think core workouts are ok up to 24 weeks. Then can cause your abs to seperate.
I think I'd be nervous to get my abs too good right before going into the third tri though. I think general cardio and all over conditioning is your best bet in pregnancy. And arms and legs work outs too.

So speaking of the fix, I had a question for all of those who work out during pregnancy. They have a 10 minute video just for abs. It's 10 minutes straight of just crunches, leg lifts, bicycles, etc. I had just started to add this on after I finished my daily workouts last week before I found out I was pregnant. Can I still do these workouts if I had just started them last week? I am in decent shape right now so I feel like I can handle the workout but I don't want to do anything that could possibly cause me to lose the baby.

I've kept going to pilates and do core yoga throughout my pregnancy so far and so far it's been ok. There is loads of info about ab work and fitness in general during pregnancy - I've listed some myth busters below. It's important to do the right exercises and leave out the ones IE things that involve deep twisting, extremely heavy weights, and too much torque in ab work. You know all those ladies with back and hip pain that you hear about? Much of it can be prevented by keeping a strong core. If you do classes let your instructors know you're pregnant and ask them if they are aware of prevention techniques for Diastisis Recti. Here's some basic info:

https://www.fitpregnancy.com/exercise/prenatal-workouts/abs-have-it
https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/exercise-during-pregnancy-myth-vs-fact
https://www.parents.com/videos/v/83663776/pregnancy-workouts-best-abs-exercises.htm
Some exercises broken into trimesters: https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/cor...-the-best-exercises-for-all-three-trimesters/

Awesome, thanks!! I've been having so much trouble getting motivated being so tired all the time. I didn't workout at all yesterday except a short walk. I was in bed by 9. I'm trying to get my lazy butt motivated to do something today but my bed is calling me again. I guess I just have to suck it up.

Oh girls, I've pulled my groin and in SO much pain! Every little step... It felt fine after kick box today but at 3pm I could barely walk! I stretched all the inner thigh muscles after work but omg, still pain. :cry:

Anyone ever done this? Advice please! It radiates up my leg on the left side under the woohaa.

Oh, no! I have done that. It hurts so bad! Unfortunately there's not much that can be done for it except just to rest it. Continuing to push it might just exacerbate the injury.

In 1/2 hour I'm meant to be going to my kick box class but today I'm dreading it. I feel like going home & watching movies - feeling SO incredibly LAZY. Ahhh, I wish it wasn't like this. I know if I go I'll feel great in so many ways but my mind can't stand the thought.
Anyone else feeling lazy & lethargic? How is everyone here?

If you need a break just take one. Definitely listen to your body and relax if need be! You can always do the class next time :)

On strict bed rest for today for going into preterm labor again last night. No more exercising for me. If I last till 37 weeks then I will go on some walks to get things moving again.

Oh no! Are you ok greats?!
I'm trying to walk 3 miles a day from here on out. Not sure how long I can do it though. Def looking into getting a support belt as walking even a half mile has started giving me pain up the bottom left side if my bump. Feeling very cramps these days. Her movements are so big that they really hurt.
This fit bit tracker has really helped me stay on top of being active.

3 miles a day? Girl, you're super woman! That's my goal a few weeks after birth lol

Greats are you on anything to help reduce contractions? Sorry to hear about the bed rest.
Sass good job on your walking! I tried on a few belts a few days ago and can totally understand how they'd help once the bump gets bigger - it felt great.

I didn't go to kick box today, went home and napped all afternoon:haha: it was lovely!

Hi all :hi:

Greats, sucks that you can't exercise anymore but keeping Olivia in utero for a few more weeks definitely takes precedence.

Sass, three miles a day is an awesome goal. :thumbup:

2have4kids, if you're tired definitely best to rest; there have been quite a few times this pregnancy when I have done that :winkwink:

I've been doing well keeping up with daily walks at work and exercising at least 4 days a week for the most part. I'm trying to keep motivation high for the next 6-8 weeks but there are days where I am just too tired after working all day and dealing with a toddler to fit a workout in.

My eating has been both good and bad (mostly good but then I will have periods over the weekend where I am bad :dohh:). I was being really good about using MyFitnessPal but haven't been entering food as regularly as I should be for the past two weeks. I should really get back into it as it does help to keep me on track.

Hope everyone else is doing well :flower:

Mrs Eddie, good job on the eating & exercise. Did any of you get told to avoid sugar & carbs the week before you do the GD test? I don't normally eat many carbs and I'm under weight slightly for the amount I should be gaining, I thought it was weird that the midwife would be telling me to avoid sugar this week. You'd think a person should just eat the way they always eat and do the test. If you have it, it'll show, if not continue on? Anyways, we went out for icecream and a walk last night:haha: it was really a beautiful evening and totally enjoyed ourselves. I'm not worried, I've been eating pretty decently.

No one told me to avoid those things before the test but I wish I would have. I ate a huge fruit salad, toast with jam and an apple before I took the initial test and failed it :dohh: I had to go take a 2 hour test, which I passed with flying colors; definitely got a false result from the first test.

The first time I took it I didn't eat anything with sugar in it and was totally fine. I think as long as you avoided eating anything sugary that day you would be OK.

I ate a peanut butter & jelly sandwich about 4 hours before my 1-hour test and failed by 1 point! Lol

I ate an apple and instant oatmeal before failing with my first. I ate a turkey sausage, egg white and cheese on a English muffin before failing with my second. Passed the 3 hour with both. I hate that stupid test.
I'm not doing a good job on eating mindfully at all. I'm just not feeling it these days. Uninspired if you know what I mean. I feel so full already. I am hungry after waking up so I eat fruit and oatmeal but the rest of the day is so blah. I think I'm off chicken again which seems so odd at this point. Anyone else getting food adversions?
I'd never say no to ice cream or sweets though. ;)

I'm craving sweets like it's nobody's business! Lol I've actually been better at eating this pregnancy than last. Last time I ate fast food all the time, but I've been making high protein dinners so that I don't snack before bed lol

I am really not having as many cravings as I was before. Not as hungry either :shrug: Think it's the combination of the heat and having limited room in my stomach. I do still love bagels though but I normally only let myself have one per week :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->