Working out mommas-to-be!

I go through stages, one week I was in love with begals n cream cheese, last week chicken ceasar salads, this week greek salad & steak, corn on the Cobb too and normally I never eat corn because it has no nutrition (just sugar) - but I guess it's better than sweets. I had these coconut Popsicles a few weeks ago - yum. Totally off chocolate:shrug:Will have to get or make something cold like that as this weekend is meant to be smoking hot! I'll go do my test tomorrow and just have a ham breakfast before I go. I'd hate to have to swallow that sweet stuff again and do it twice:blush:

I ate fast food so much last time too! So any things got to be better than that, right?
The ham sounds like a very good plan pre test. I hope it works for you!

Crazy experience at the gym today. So I did my walking - got a belt, not sure if it was a big help, but some help. Then decided to do the hip abduction and the opposite one machines (pads outside knees- push out/ pads inside knees, squeeze in) cause I haven't done them in a month or two. OMG! Insert every curse word here! It was like my J is just done for. I dont even know where to begin describing the pain. It was just like a swollen box of pain. I almost just hit up but instead turned the weight down to 30 and just closed my eyes and got out 30 reps. Thinking this is the ultimate sign baby is head down? Gas she "dropped"? Or will this just be my life for 7 weeks?

Sass that sounds painful, go easy! You don't want to be sore and exhausted in those muscles when you need them. Stretch lots too to let that lactic acid out. Be careful with those weights!

OMG, chicken Caesar salad sounds amazing right now, might have to have that for lunch today :haha:

Sass that's crazy re the weights, definitely take it easy.

Oh and I ate like total crap last time too (and huge portions). Probably helps to explain the huge weight gain.

This week has sucked re exercise. I've been so tired from lack of sleep and busy at work and at home that it just hasn't happened. Will do my best to get back on track on Sunday...

Sitting in the office waiting to do the GD test...sipping a coffee with hazelnut cream. Hope that doesn't do anything, I didn't have breaky, woke up late and thought I'd better go or I'll hit the crowds.

Hope you did well with the GD test 2have4kids!

I've been much better this week re working out (so far). Started to use MyFitnessPal again too; hoping I can stay on track for the rest of this pregnancy!

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well. I failed the GD test :headspin: I ran out and didn't eat breakfast but thought I'd get a coffee and put that hazelnut creamer in it - I knew I shouldn't have done that! I know it's full of corn syrup:dohh: So I have to do the fasting 2 hour test next.
I thought I might be ok because I had no breakfast but should have just had some ham as I'd planned. Lesson learned:brat:

That stupid test is the worst :growlmad: Greats, Sass and I all failed the first test and passed the second time, I'm sure you'll pass as well. :thumbup: Just sucks that you have to do the longer test, though I didn't find mine that bad...

Ditto to what mrs. Eddie said. Just take some mags or knitting or something and use the time to veg out. Drinks and a snack for after are helpful too.
I think my weight gain is slowing because of not eating as much. This baby is so insanely low that i usually feel full and I'm always going #2. Trying to do my walking though. Did good yesterday but today was a total fail. We had bad thunderstorms all night so dd was up and so was I. Today was just such a waste. Felt like garbage. Hoping for a better one tomorrow!

Sorry you had a crappy day Sass, that sucks.

Your entitled to one every once and awhile I think.

My poor sleeping is starting to make me feel really run down as well. Not having to go to work anymore will be a real bonus. I'm excited to take naps during the day again while Isla is in day care....

I hate that GD test, what a load of crap!

Yeah, sleep is non-existent at this point.

Took Rylee for a walk to the park the other day. I'm surprised I made it, but it was beautiful outside! So got 1.5 miles in. But my hips and pelvis have been hurting so bad this week, it hurts to stand doing the dishes now. Ugh.

Had another bad sleep night! Literally slept 3 hours then up at 2 am and could not get back.horrendous. Did 20 mins on the treadmill and even though I was wearing the support belt, I still had that crazy cramp on my left side of my bump. Jumped on the bike for 20 minutes then went in for the hip abductor again. Hurts so bad like it's going to rip my vag in 2 but it has to help to get things less swollen, right? Or at least get the blood moving around?

Sass that sounds terrible. Don't push too hard if you feel like your falling apart!

Hi ladies I just had my BFP this week woohoo! Loved seeing this group as I've been really into my exercise over the last six months (combo of running and using fitness blender) and really don't want to lose the momentum as its great for my physically and mentally!
What have you all found useful/good during your pregnancy? x

Hi & congrats & welcome Caz:wave:
I have really lbp and staying fit has really helped me not feel so faint all the time. There was a really bad patch that I had at the 18-21 week mark and exercise really helped. I also still do pilates and have a really tight tummy and small bump. The ladies at work were saying how I barely show at 6.5 months. Also helps not gain too much weight. Will keep you strong for delivery and keep a short recovery!
I do yoga, kick boxing and pilates, gave up HIIT just recently but still make it to the gym and go for walks with DH. We got our bikes all cleaned up last weekend & going to ride to the nearest beach for a picnic this weekend.

Welcome Caz :hi: It really does help with pregnancy and labor if you can keep up some sort of exercise routine. It sound like you already have a pretty good structure in place, I'm sure you'll be able to stick to it. :thumbup:

My sleep is awful right now as well; it really sucks :nope:

Still exercising and eating pretty well. Have been much better with my eating overall this pregnancy and it is reflected in the amount of weight I've gained, which is awesome. :thumbup:

I love the idea of this group - I've read the first few pages and will go back and catch up throughout when I have time but just wanted to say hello :wave: first.

Similar to some of your ladies I put on a lot of weight with my DS. I was already overweight anyway and then put on too much during pregnancy. He was premature so goodness knows how much more I would have put on had I gone full term. I have worked really hard to lose the weight and am now the smallest I have ever been. I've lost about 80lbs since he was born and I'm really proud of myself.

So...I'm really keen to not pile it all back on again with this pregnancy. I really like swimming and plan to keep that up and also to attend aquanatal (I think I have to be 12 weeks to go there though). There are a couple of classes near me - I will just have to work out which one works timewise (OH works on shifts). I have also recently got into running and ran a 10k obstacle run in mid June. I have also been running 4-5k about once a week. I'm keen to try and continue this but just feel so zapped of all energy at the moment - kind of like I feel weak! I realise, however, that if I give in to that then I will never maintain my exercise and it will be the start of the slippery slope so I plan on going for a run or swim on Thursday.

Anyway - hi :wave: It is really lovely to see people in a similar situation x

struth congrats on your 80 lb weight loss, that's amazing! If you can't keep up running spin class might be a good alternative or if you want to be inspired at home if you're on FB and 'like' or subscribe to bodyrock.tv or HIITdaily they have at home work out videos and daily motivational articles to help keep you fit. They also have a pregnancy section devoted to us moms.

With anything swimming ladies take a water bottle with you. There's some massive psychology around swimming. My gf is a triathelete /ironman superstar and was having a hard time gaining too much weight. She went to a sports psychologist who explained about how working out in water can increase our appetites (as if pregnancy doesn't do that enough on it's own:haha:) Athletes (and regular Jo's like us) tend to drink less water when doing aquasports and the effect of being dehydrated makes hunger worse. We also feel more hungry around water or after a workout in water - so just be aware of those feelings and how much you eat afterwards. Take a water bottle with you and when you eat after a water workout do you crave rich carby foods? Fill up on veggies and protein first before you touch the carbs. Those are the tricks she taught me from her sessions. I used to be a swim instructor and life guard so I totally appreciated her passing that onto me. My rule of thumb now anyway is to finish the meat first, veggies second and carbs on my plate last. And if I can't fit them in...oh well!

Saying all that I'm skipping out on my kick boxing today. Not in the mood! Did my second GD test yesterday and felt like crap afterwards. I asked for a bed during the last hour wait was feeling my heart pound and lightheaded. I had to wait from 8:30 till 12:45 for them just to take my blood and give me the drink then was finally able to eat breakfast at 4pm :grr:

Kudos to the major weight loss!
Staying fit this time around has made me feel do much better, but it really is important to take it easy when you feel the need as well. Some days your body will just not be up for it for one reason or another so tone it down or just rest. Your body is working so hard at making a baby that you can't beat yourself up about it.
Making better choices with food has been a huge factor for me too. I'm currently 5.5 weeks away from my Edd and I weigh 18 lbs less than I did at my 39 week appointment with my first.
So my current goal is to walk 3 miles a day. I'm getting close most days but I'd love more of my walking to be together as opposed to spread out over the day. Trouble I'm having is that about a mile in, I get a wicked stitch up the left bottom of my bump. I hot a belt but it's nit helping this. Today I just switched to the bike when this happened but I don't feel as if it gives me as good of a work out. Any ideas or suggestions?

Welcome to the new ladies! And for swimming, yes please stay super hydrated while swimming laps! I used to be a competitive swimmer and would leave practice.absolutely starving. Complex carbs like oatmeal is a perfect post-swim meal that'll keep you satisfied but not packed with loads of calories.

Sass, I think baby is just super low for you that the weight of your uterus is stretching all those ligaments out more than usual. I know you have your heart set on 3 miles a day but maybe this is your body telling you to take it easy. I did 1 mile of walking to and from the park today and my right hips and thigh hurt pretty badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->