Working when LO is born?

S

Serene123

Ahhhh. I'm so fed up of being skint I just want to go back to having money. I feel so bad I really want to be with her all the time but I can't take this having no money milarky forever. I wish there was a job I could do at home so I could be with her and work but it just doesn't seem possible. I don't know how we're going to live if I don't work but people are making me feel so bad, telling me I won't bond with her etc.

Help? :dohh:

I know how you feel.

I saved 2 weeks holiday before oing onto Maternity to make up a full month and because of this my official mat Leave started when I was 39 weeks but I left at 37 with my holidys in place.

Beacuse I missed out by a week from being entitled to SMP I was not eligable to 6 weeks at 90% full pay which hit very very hard.

Before having Olivia... OH and I were doing... lets say OK for ourselves. Both our main jobs together & him being a self employed DJ meant that our house hold income was approx 36k per year. So for me now to be getting £520 a month & Chris has knoked DJing on the head we are finding it a struggle.

I keep saying im going to go back to work... But deep down really I know in my heart that I wont go back to work not until my 9 months is up.. its just I am so used to being able to provide I feel like I should beable to do more. Unfortunately this government is the wrong way round & if you try and make an honest living you get nothing on one of the few times you need to rely on them & those who dont give a toss & too lazy to work get money, housing, social secuirty benefits etc handed to them on a plate.

Im guessing its a particually similar situation to you... But beleive me the time with your little one is so precious you dont ever want it to end... and this is why I wont be going back to work until September & I will be taking the full 9 months.

Im not saying its easy... Because its not... But seeing your little ones smiling face & watching them grow brings you so much joy its somewhat worth scrimping & scraping on your backside for a few months... lets face it... We dont have babys every day now do we. But dont forget this is just my humble opinion.

But in the end... despite what any one else tells you about bonding etc I think that is complete bollocks. Sorry to be blunt. Going back to work early is not a reason not to bond with your little one. There are plenty of mums who go back to work early who have a very special bond with their children.

But do think carefully about your options & dont rush into anything and regret it. Do whats right by you and your family.

Im pretty tired & im not sure if im rambeling but I hope wha im saying makes sense?

x

Yeah, I just want her to have the best. I'm torn between whether the best is me being with her or her being able to have everything. I guess love is more important when they're that small though?

Unfortunately this government is the wrong way round & if you try and make an honest living you get nothing on one of the few times you need to rely on them & those who dont give a toss & too lazy to work get money, housing, social secuirty benefits etc handed to them on a plate.
Agree there!!

I guess love is more important when they're that small though?
100%

Baby needs love, food & warmth x

- From a work at home persons point of view I'll be honest... I'm dreading it because I still have to put in my office hours and I love caitlin with everything I have but it will be very distracting I'm sure of it.

I'm quite good with computers I guess if I put my mind to it I could make some kind of money from doing something on here.. :rofl:

Spend all my time on here anyway! :|

I can't keep up!

BnB is becoming a fulltime job on its own now! If it was practical I would leave my job for this reason in some sort of future time but not even considering yet.

I'd say start charging the members but I don't want to be charged.. :blush:

Charge them for what?

:rofl:

Admittingly BnB is not a cheap 'hobby' - maybe we could just start charging the addicted ones? Sucker you all in then request the ££££ to stay :fool:

:rofl: That's what I meant! Give them all a honeymoon period and then make them pay to stay.

I must say, as I came up with the idea, I should be excluded.. :blush:

:rofl:

I count myself as an extremely lucky person, my work allows me to bring Kaya with me, they've even set aside a room for us full of baby stuff. I can quite honestly say that if I couldn't do that I would not go back to work, I feel that Kaya needs me there all the time, and I don't want to miss any of her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->