Works christmas party tonight

MrsJones1986

Reaction score
Hi all. So tonight I have my works christmas party and I have no idea how I'm going to cover up not drinking. I'm 6 and a half weeks pregnant but obviously not told any work colleagues yet. The thing is, they know I've been trying for quite a while to get pregnant. As soon as they realise I'm not drinking they will guess my news straight away. Does anyone have any hints or tips that they have used? There is a champagne reception upon arrival so I was thinking of getting a glass and sipping it all night. But can I even have a few sips of champagne? Help please!

I'm having the same problem! I would suggest grabbing a glass of champagne and pretend to drink a few sips and put it down somewhere.
I'm planning to use the excuse that I'm feeling too unwell and still recovering from the cold I came down with this week. I'm hoping they all buy that excuse!

I feel like I should have been preparing my excuse a few days before hand. Ie complaining at work I'm not feeling well, perhaps even pulling a sicky. But I think it's going to seem strange that they all saw me in work yesterday, perfectly well and evidently not ill and all of a sudden "I'm on antibiotics, or I'm not feeling too well" I'm not sure they'll buy it!

Yes I would take the champagne and sip they maybe if you go to the bathroom you could pour a bit out if it's a big glass? And if you go to the bar by yourself just get a coke and pretend it's a vodka and coke?

I personally don't think a glass of champagne will do any harm at all and maybe that will stop any suspicions xx

My normal drink of choice is gin and tonic so I'm hoping to get away with just the tonic. I'm just worried about someone overhearing me at the bar. I guess only time will tell and perhaps I'm worrying about nothing. I'm sure everyone will be too busy having a good time to worry about what I'm drinking. Thanks ladies! X

If everyone knows you're trying for a baby you could just make a comment and say that you're not drinking much because you're trying and just leave it at they if anyone asks :)

You could always say your driving then no one asks any questions apart from can they have a lift home!!

i had a half a glass of champagne at work do and a few sips of beer. I was holding on to a drink and kept losing it so having to go round.

If you can keep moving from one group to another, you can get away with it quite easily.

I got some non alcoholic cocktails on the sly and when people saw me drinking then they thought they were alcoholic xx

At my Christmas party my husband slipped away and explained the situation to our server. He then brought me Sprite with a twist of lime in a highball glass throughout the night.

Everyone bought it - a couple of people asked if I was drinking vodka 7's and I just said "mmm hmm."

Friday afternoons at the office have been a bit trickier as we always have wine...I've used the excuse of having driven into work that day (normally I take the train) and being worried about holiday checkstops. You can be arrested for blowing .005 here and I'm small, so my coworkers seem to be buying it.

Still, 12 weeks cannot get here fast enough!

Have fun at your party!

I'm having a similar dilemma, except I know I can't hide mine!!

A couple of months ago I had a mc and was upset and thought "stuff it - gonna get wasted on New Years!" So I invited 3 of my friends to come over and we were all going to drink (hubby as well.) Now Im pregnant! How do I get out of that?! I'm thinking I'm just going to have to tell them. That's what DH thinks anyway :shrug:

How did you get on in the end?

I was worried about a works meal but in the days leading up to the night I told them I'd been feeling unwell so when the day actually came I said I still felt too rubbish. Even my manager who knows about my mc didn't bat an eyelid, ha!

Many women avoid alcohol when they start TTC not just when they become pregnant, so I don't think they would suspect anything at all. :thumbup:

I will use the driving excuse over the next few weeks, then maybe say I am using a personal trainer again and have to give a food diary each day and I can't drink for two months at start of program, I used a personal trainer last year to get trimm so it will be ok and people will buy it hee hee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->