worming a puppy

littlebabyboy

Reaction score
i have to give my puppy a worming tablets soon. im just wondering as he is still not properly house trained he poops in our house is it dangerous to have him poop in the house with the worming tablets and if i do get him to go outside do i need to throw disinfectant on the area he pooped or is just picking it up enough? thanks! just concerned as i have little kiddies on the floor all the time.

Should be ok as the tablets will be in pups blood stream rather than the poo.
You can disinfect if you like though. X

Your pup will shed the worms in his poop so it is a good idea to be quite careful regarding picking up/ disinfecting. Although the worm treatment itself isn't harmful, the worms can be to small children, particularly toxocara (roundworms). As long as you pick up and dispose of the poo, wash your hands and be careful where your children might crawl etc then I'm sure you won't have a problem, it is very rare.
I'm sure your vet has told you this already but you have to make sure you worm your pup regularly, particularly since you have children around. We routinely recommend every 4 weeks until the pup is 6 months old and then every 3 to 4 months thereafter (can be more regular if you wish).

Yes in theory the worms and eggs will be picked up with the poo but there is still a tiny chance some of the eggs may be left but nothing a quick mop wont sort out.
Sorry if I've worried you, that wasn't my intention at all. The chances of your lo's picking anything up is so so small and as long as you are sensible with regards to hygiene (washing hands before eating etc) you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->