• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried—Smoking while pregnant

Skyye

bfp for baby #1 Jan 8, 2020 | Mum to 1
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I am ashamed to post this, because I know it’s a shitty ass choice, I’ve been trying to quit but it hasn’t been going too well since this pendemic, making it a lot stressful. I’m 18 years old and 18+3 weeks pregnant, I worry so much as I smoke whatever I can find. Cigerettes, Blackamile (rare), and mostly nicotine vape 1.8% nicotine, I just want it to end for my baby! It makes me want to kill myself knowing I’m smoking still. I worry I’ve destroyed my child ): any advice would be greatly appreciated, I want to be done smoking by the time May 1 is here. Help a sis out!

I know it’s hard skyye. Like it sucks and is made 1000x worse bc of this pandemic. I was smoking until about 5 weeks or so bc I didn’t know 100% that I was pregnant or if this baby was even going to go past 6 weeks or not. Once I had it confimed I smoked my last cigarette in my pack on the way home and didn’t buy anymore. I take deep breaths sometimes and even pretend with a pen cap that I’m smoking if the urge is really strong. The first few days are the worst bc you get really irritable with everybody. Just give everyone a heads up and to be patient and nice to you and that you may be snappy while you get over the initial urges. Sometimes watching your favorite shows or movies can help bc you can get into that to get your mind off of smoking. My dh still smokes a few cigs a day and once in a while I’ll just go outside with him and sit near him so I can smell it and it gets the urge out. I hope this is helpful. You can do it!

Hello. Thank you for writing this and reaching out. My first pregnancy I had a few fags but duri g my second my new partner didn't want to tell me what to do so I found myself smoking a lot less. With my 3rd everytime I tryed to smoke I was sick so in the end that's how I quit.

I know it's no good for the baby but stress isn't good for either of you. Try only smoking half then having the other half the next time, still smoking but not as much.

The more you put pressure on yourself the worst it will be and the more you will smoke.

You can do this but give yourself time xx

Sorry you're finding it hard to stop.

Please don't beat yourself up over it. I was smoking for a little while with my first and know how hard it is to quit.

Try making small changes that are manageable, that you can accomplish without setting your bar too high that you'll fall straight away.

How many do you smoke a day? Try cutting out 1 or 2 a day for a few days. Once you've succeeded then reward yourself! Pamper yourself, order a take away, watch your favourite film. Then the next day cut out another 1 or 2 and so on.

Even if its cutting down on a few each week thats still a great achievement

I assume your Obgyn knows you smoke they ask every time you're seen. I'd ask them for help quitting. That's if ya can't go cold turkey. Maybe try low dose gum only use when you have a craving GL I hope you will stop for your baby. They don't have the choice ..you do.

It's so so hard. My advice is to make it a ritual. Snap and then burn all your remaining cigarettes and then meditate on letting it all go. You can do this. I won't go on about the risks of smoking as im sure you're already away. Reading 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle helped me with my addiction (bulimia) when pregnant with my daughter. You can do this.

It's so so hard. My advice is to make it a ritual. Snap and then burn all your remaining cigarettes and then meditate on letting it all go. You can do this. I won't go on about the risks of smoking as im sure you're already away. Reading 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle helped me with my addiction (bulimia) when pregnant with my daughter. You can do this.
Thank you so much, I also had bulimia before pregnancy but around 7 weeks i slowly stopped knowing the risks s I can definitely quit smoking!!

Thank you so much, I also had bulimia before pregnancy but around 7 weeks i slowly stopped knowing the risks s I can definitely quit smoking!!
How have you been getting on

You can totally do this love. Russell brand also talks a lot about addiction and has a few books on it. Stay strong x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->