worried about 4 year old son's back

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
I am worried about my 4 year old's back and posture; it is getting progressively worse as he gets older, when he was a baby and toddler it was normal but he very slowly started to get kind of hunch-backed and when he is standing in for what is for him a 'normal' posture, his shoulder blades flatten out and go to the sides and he is really hunched forward, with the front bits of his shoulder joints jutting forward and his ribs look really crunched up, I thought it was just him slouching but it seems this is really his normal way of standing-you can gently pull his shoulders back and make him look more physically normal but after a few minutes he goes back to what for him is normal but is clearly not normal. This picture in this article exactly looks how his back and posture is

https://www.spineuniverse.com/conditions/kyphosis/kyphosis-scheuermanns-disease

Does anyone else have experience with this type of thing? :nope: xx

I would go and see your GP to be refered to the Paeds, or maybe see your HV and they can refer children to the physio also. It is better to get these things diagnosed and sorted younger as the bones are more supple! xx

Thanks, I showed how it is to OH (OH didn't really notice as its usually me who dresses the kids) and we are going to take him to the GP in the next week or so. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->