Worried about 9 month old not getting enough milk

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
My third little guy is almost 9 months old now and still breastfeeding. He started on solids at 6 months and to start with it was slow. Then suddenly he decided it was a love thing between him and food. For the past month at least he has been having three good sized meals per day.

The thing is I'm worried he's not getting enough milk now and at his age I'm sure milk is still more important than solids. He co-sleeps and nurses 3 or 4 times during the night, getting a fairlly good amount each time. However during the day he is just not interested.

I try to nurse him during the day 2 or 3 times but he stays on for 1 min at the most and pulls away. He just doesn't want it most of the time.

It's left me worried because his brother was still having a lot of milk at this age during the day and night. Should I be doing something about it?

Have you tried feeding before or right after nap, my son only stays on before and during his naps, otherwise it's pop on, pop off, look around, try to crawl away, pop on, repeat the whole process until I give up. If your guy likes motion, feeding in an adult swing, rocking chair, bouncy ball, or walking might help. They do start to drop feeds around 9 months, but dropping all the day feeds at once seems a little too much. It could also be what they call a nursing strike and he will go back to feeding normally after a few days. If you pump, maybe give him bm in a bottle or cup if nothing works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->