Worried about baby

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I'm 13+2 and I've just got over a 24 hour sickness bug, and I feel absolutely dreadful. I havent eaten for most of 24 hours I did wake at 3am and ate a yoghurt and that's been it.

Anyone else had a sickness bug in pregnancy and baby was okay? This is my 3rd baby and I've never had a bug during pregnancy

I had a 24 hour sickness bug early in this pregnancy, even my bump hurt from all the vomiting !

Baby should be fine. All I can suggest is try and drink as much water as you can throughout the day without making yourself feel sick again ! Seemed to work for me! Hope you feel better soon

Thanks hun it's all over with now but my stomach and back are killing today I did use my doppler just now and babys heart was beating away without a care in the world, so hopefully baby is okay in there, it's so worrying when you don't eat for so long knowing the baby needs your food lol

Dont worry about baby getting his/her food. Evem if you throw up the whole pregnancy somehow the baby manages to get the food needed.
They just take evrything from you, leaving you drained out and exhausted. It is very difficult to deprive a baby. It will be your body which suffers the consequences.
So dont worry about the baby much. He/she is ok, just try to stay hydrated and if you can stomach it, try some pregnancy multivitamins.

Dont worry about baby getting his/her food. Evem if you throw up the whole pregnancy somehow the baby manages to get the food needed.
They just take evrything from you, leaving you drained out and exhausted. It is very difficult to deprive a baby. It will be your body which suffers the consequences.
So dont worry about the baby much. He/she is ok, just try to stay hydrated and if you can stomach it, try some pregnancy multivitamins.

Thank you, staying hydrated today is going well, finally my wee is back to a normal colour I couldn't keep anything at all down yesterday for the whole of the day, currently weak orange squash is my saviour, still havent eaten much, I've managed half a banana and 2 salted crackers, I've never been ill with a bug while pregnant before, I've had to send the kids up my mums for a sleepover as I couldn't even bath them earlier as I'm so weak, with the kids not here it's my time to fully recover:(

I'm 13+2 and I've just got over a 24 hour sickness bug, and I feel absolutely dreadful. I havent eaten for most of 24 hours I did wake at 3am and ate a yoghurt and that's been it.

Anyone else had a sickness bug in pregnancy and baby was okay? This is my 3rd baby and I've never had a bug during pregnancy
I had one at 8 weeks and is was the worst bug I’ve ever had, I had a scan at 8w2d and baby was fine. I was just as worried as I was soo ill but little one coped just fine. As long as you still getting your normal morning sickness etc I’m pretty sure baby is fine

I had one at 8 weeks and is was the worst bug I’ve ever had, I had a scan at 8w2d and baby was fine. I was just as worried as I was soo ill but little one coped just fine. As long as you still getting your normal morning sickness etc I’m pretty sure baby is fine

I've not had any morning sickness since Sunday when I had the bug! I have used my doppler and babys heartbeat is still strong so I'm guessing as I still see rough from the bug it's over rode my morning sickness, I am almost 14 weeks so many the ms is disappearing slowly now, thankfully, but I'm so glad I have my doppler to keep an eye!!! Still not eating much, living off bananas and yoghurts oh and some salted crackers which probably isn't enough for baby but I'm really trying! Gonna try and stomach a casserole tonight, the best thing and only meal I've eaten since Saturday!

I've not had any morning sickness since Sunday when I had the bug! I have used my doppler and babys heartbeat is still strong so I'm guessing as I still see rough from the bug it's over rode my morning sickness, I am almost 14 weeks so many the ms is disappearing slowly now, thankfully, but I'm so glad I have my doppler to keep an eye!!! Still not eating much, living off bananas and yoghurts oh and some salted crackers which probably isn't enough for baby but I'm really trying! Gonna try and stomach a casserole tonight, the best thing and only meal I've eaten since Saturday!
That’s very reassuring that you can’t hear babies heartbeat, I think your reasons are very plausible. My sickness is hopefully starting to slow down a bit (at the moment anyway) I’ve not been sick for 2 days but that could change and I’ve felt sick but I still worry from being so sick to not being sick haha (we are never happy are we) I’m 11 weeks so probably still got a few weeks of feeling sick to go yet. Fingers crossed you are going to start feeling much better now and can probably start eating a bit more, don’t panic about not eating much tho as with my first I had hyperemesis and couldn’t even keep a sip of water down and was hospitalised but I was really poorly for a while before I went into hospital and she’s a hobby 15 year old now lol

That’s very reassuring that you can’t hear babies heartbeat, I think your reasons are very plausible. My sickness is hopefully starting to slow down a bit (at the moment anyway) I’ve not been sick for 2 days but that could change and I’ve felt sick but I still worry from being so sick to not being sick haha (we are never happy are we) I’m 11 weeks so probably still got a few weeks of feeling sick to go yet. Fingers crossed you are going to start feeling much better now and can probably start eating a bit more, don’t panic about not eating much tho as with my first I had hyperemesis and couldn’t even keep a sip of water down and was hospitalised but I was really poorly for a while before I went into hospital and she’s a hobby 15 year old now lol

That's good hun I'm glad you was okay with hyperemesis, I've never had it, well I was sick all the way through with my son, but I kept fluids down and still ate in between so it wasn't a cause for concern :) my daughter and 1st pregnancy was a breeze compared to this and my last one hahaha!!! My appetite is slowly coming back and my belly has been rumbling right now for the first time in ages, very good sign for me lol x

P.s: I meant can hear babies heartbeat not can’t! Bloody phone! I’m glad you’re feeling better hun

I knew what you meant hun Haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->