Worried about eptopic! UPDATED natural miscarriage.

Mearly12

Reaction score
I am 5+4 weeks and have been having my beta hcg levels monitored since 12dpo, and my levels are not rising appropriately. I have been expecting a miscarriage for over a week now, but I have no symptoms of miscarriage and my levels continue rise very slowly. Should I be worried about an ectopic?

My first set of betas had a doubling time of 111hours, the next set was 490hour doubling time, and this last set was 690hours.

My doctor keeps sending me for betas, and hasn't said anything about my numbers.

My first appointment isn't for 12 more days, should I ask for an earlier scan? Could they even tell if it was ectopic so early?

Thanks for any advice.

I had an ectopic in 2011 which you can read about in my journal. My HCG was normal in the beginning but then it did stop doubling, went down, then went back up again. Sadly, no one suspected an ectopic and by the time we caught it, it was too late. I had emergency surgery at almost 9 weeks, lost my right tube, and had substantial internal bleeding and almost died. I am not trying to scare you but you need to be proactive and request an ultrasound ASAP. Slow rising HCG is very common for an ectopic. When your HCG surpasses 1,000 you should be able to see something in an ultrasound whether it is in your tube or uterus. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers because I know how traumatic it was for me and I am hoping that is not the case for you. You can read more about it if you like, in my journal... there is a link in my signature that will take you to my main journal.

Hey. I just went and ruled out ectopic as well. They had no issues doing an ultrasound so early. I would go in if I were you!!

Hi, it very well could just be normal for you and things are progressing ok, however due to the slow doubling time I do think you should request an ultrasound to be on the safe side.

I had an almost identical experience to Breaking Dawn above, I was literally on the verge of death from blood loss when I was rushed to surgery. I am not wanting to worry you, I am just trying to encourage you to ask for an ultrasound as it is better to be safe than sorry. I only have one tube now.

Good luck... It really might be nothing, but I personally wouldn't risk it. I am pregnant and I had a scan yesterday to check it was all in the right place because I felt lower back pain and I wasnt risking it. I also had one with my youngest daughter (she was my first pregnancy after the ectopic).

Good luck!!

I also did not want to scare her either but it can be extremely serious and can get bad pretty quick so the best thing to do is get an ultrasound ASAP. There are other things it can be too, or as someone else said, it can be normal. It is not common but it definitely does happen. It is better to be safe than sorry when dealing with an ectopic. I learned that the hard way.

Thank you guys for responding. I went in for an ultrasound today, they did both the stomach and vaginal ultrasound. However the tech showed me nothing, and said nothing. she took lots of pictures, and said my doctor should have the results soon. I did snatch a pic of the end report when I was getting dressed, but it doesn't have much info. Says nothing about eptopic that I can see. Just measurements of my uterus and left ovary for some reason. I guess I'll have to wait till this weekend is over to find out.

Please keep us posted and in the mean time I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you guys for responding. I went in for an ultrasound today, they did both the stomach and vaginal ultrasound. However the tech showed me nothing, and said nothing. she took lots of pictures, and said my doctor should have the results soon. I did snatch a pic of the end report when I was getting dressed, but it doesn't have much info. Says nothing about eptopic that I can see. Just measurements of my uterus and left ovary for some reason. I guess I'll have to wait till this weekend is over to find out.

Oh that's kind of a bummer!! No fun whatsoever.

I think if were ectopic you would be notified immediately and they would have had you see a doctor as it needs dealing with straight away. Good luck and keep us updated when you get your results.

The tech can't tell you anything. Technically they aren't supposed to show you either. If you ask politely and get a nice tech, they'll sneak you a peak. But they are not licensed gyns so they cannot diagnose you or even talk about what they see. Only your gyn can. You can either wait for your gyn to call or go back to the clinic/hospital where the scan was taken and ask for your medical records from that day, picture and video. Here in Cali, as long as it is for personal use then you don't pay anything just fill out a form in the records department and they'll print/burn a cd for you right there. I've obviously been through this rodeo a few times ;). Sometimes it can take a couple days though for everything to get into the system/to your doctor though. I'm glad you went in though and keeping everything crossed for you

So I just got my ultrasound results, and they found no sign of inuterine pregnancy, and nothing can be seen in my ovaries. So I am still in limbo.

They want to continue monitoring my hcg, and I have an appointment Friday

I was 5+6 when they did the ultrasound, so they should have at least seen a sac if it was inuterine right? my hcg was only 188, 72 hours prior to the ultrasound with a 690 hour doubling rate. I'm still hoping for a regular MC so I don't have to take the shot. I hate being in limbo, I just want this over!

I'm so sorry your in limbo but I'm that because they didn't see anything in your tubes that things resolve naturally for you. Hugs

Oh my goodness. That's horrible :( I'm so sorry! :hugs:

This happened to me back in March. My hcg was going up but they couldn't find anything, so I had to be treated for ectopic with a methotrexate injection. They then told me I mustn't get pregnant for at least 3 months, but preferably 6 months, as it can cause complications and/or miscarriage. So sorry you are going through this. It's awful. I am now 5w5d pregnant and anxiously awaiting an appointment to see if this one is a viable pregnancy. I'm 43 so it's basically my last chance

Thank you guys for sticking by me during this limbo, it really helps.

Snowbelle, thanks for sharing your story. I know it must be hard to have to wait so long when you feel like your time is running out. I hope this baby sticks for you.

I am waiting to hear back about my hcg levels, I should hear by this afternoon.

:( It's really hard isn't it? I Hope hope it doesn't stay tainted for you. Pregnancy is a wonderful time. But having had 3 losses of my own, I know the fear. I wish there was something I could do for you!

So i have another update for those of you still tuning in. I was a little happy to day because I've just started spotting, and thought yeah my levels must be going down, and I can do this naturally!

Well doctors office called and my hcg went from 188 to 430 in 7 days, so it went from 110hr dbl time to 490 hr dbl time to 690hr dbl time to 140hr dbl time! This is starting to sound more and more like ectopic, I scared again!

I have to take more bloods tomorrow then Friday i have my Ob appointment. Why!!!!

Oh no :( I am really really sorry. I don't k ow what advice to give as nothing is the right thing to say in this situation but I really hope this is resolved soon!

I'm so sorry you're going through this! X

So i have another update for those of you still tuning in. I was a little happy to day because I've just started spotting, and thought yeah my levels must be going down, and I can do this naturally!

Well doctors office called and my hcg went from 188 to 430 in 7 days, so it went from 110hr dbl time to 490 hr dbl time to 690hr dbl time to 140hr dbl time! This is starting to sound more and more like ectopic, I scared again!

I have to take more bloods tomorrow then Friday i have my Ob appointment. Why!!!!

This was similar to me too. Though mine went down, then back up again. So sorry you are going through this. I've managed to get an appointment this afternoon, though I doubt they will scan me today. I'm dreading being given bad news, though everything seems OK at the moment x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->