• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

worried about extremely painful AFs

wishful think

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for advice. Since getting the mirena coil removed last April my cycles were messed up - short cycles, long cycles, lots of inbetween bleeds and dark discharge (sorry tmi) and then really painful Af. I was put on Provera for one cycle to try to sort out the irregular periods and inbetween bleeds. Well the provera helped a bit but didnt completely sort the issue.

Anyhow i was back at my gyne and she said that the tests i had done looked good and she was happy with the results. I had also brought my dh's SA results along with me to my hospital appointment and once she saw dh's bad SA results she said that the reason we weren't getting pregnant was because of dh's sperm and that my results arent holding us back.

So for the moment they are focusing on my dh!!! But unfortunately my AF is on its way again, I've had dark discharge for the last 4 days (old blood) and now today i'm in bits with cramps but the actual AF red blood hasnt started yet. So i still think that this is not 100% natural to be in this much pain and have all this horrible discharge.

I'm worried that the doctors are just going to overlook what i am telling them about my cycles because they have one reason why we are not conceiving - my dh's sperm. Could I have something wrong with me?? I'm worried it might be endomeitriotris and they wont check me out properly!!! What should i do or are these terrible Afs natural??? My AFs were never like this before the coil!! (sorry i know this thread is a bit long winded)

Dear wishful...sorry about ur AF pain n cramps... Though I don't have anything great to advise u all I can tell u is there's no reason for yr doc to overlook u.. Coz what ur goin thro is not normal.. They shd comletly test u.. Might be a scan n other tests to make sure enerything is fine..Insist yr doc about ur prob if he dosent listen then I suggest u chk with someone else..
Now tat ur DH is getting checked in this meantime they shd test u as well..
Good luck n baby dust to u

REading your post I immediately recognised the symptoms of endo. However this doesn't always stop you from getting pregnant, in my case I am great at getting preg, just not so good at keeping them.
The coil is one of the treatments from endo and quite a few women only discover their endo when they start ttc as hormonal contraception masks the symptoms. If your pain is really bad actually ask about endo, they don't tend to think of it as a lot of doctors and consultants think of it as an older women's illness as before laparoscopy only women who'd completed their families were put forward for the surgery required to diagnose it in those days. It takes on average 8 years for a diagnosis of endo in the UK (took me 9 years) you really need to push for it. Here's a questionnaire to take with you to doctors.
Good luck x

hi fifi-folle, I did say it to the consultant i was with about endo and she wanted to send me for a laparoscopy but she had to clear it with the head doctor first. Anyhow when she went to him with my results so far (which have been blood tests and an internal scan) and my dh's results he said that there was no need for me to go through a laparoscopy when it was obvious my dh had bad swimmers. Also they seemed not as bothered with testing me further as i have an 11 year old daughter (from a previous relationship). They seem to think that because i have had a child that i'm fine, but alot can change with a person's body in 11 (almost 12) years. I have looked in to endo and my symptoms do match up with it!!! Right on my next visit i'm going to push for further tests to be done on me. There is always a chance that we both have fertility issues and if they overlook me then we may never get pregnant!! Its terrible that it took them 9 years to diagnose your endo fifi-folle. I really hope u get a sticky bean soon xx I will certainly push for more tests now!!

It's a difficult call for them to make, when they are focusing on fertility and there's a clear problem with sperm count etc they obviously need to focus on that and assume that you will be able to get pregnant if they help out with his swimmers (IUI, IVF, ICSI etc) especially as you already have a child. However as you say a lot can change in 11 years and actually a traumatic birth/c section is thought to increase the chances of developing endo (well that's one theory). The docs have a tendency to focus on one problem at a time which just delays any investigation of your problems. Perhaps keep a symptom diary/pain diary as evidence. Maybe also have a look on endometriosis in the uk.org, you're not alone, it's a great website/forum.
Good luck and feel free to ask any questions you might have!

i have very painful periods, last month i had to take a day off work because of the pain and feeling so feint. I am thankful that OH swimemrs have come back ok so they will hopefully give me a lap once i get my gynae referral. I have been diagnosed with pcos and thyroid problems, been trying for nearly 4 years.
The pain is very deabilitating isnt it, i just hope they pick something up on a lap as i am certain i have it too. good luck hun xxx

i have very painful periods, last month i had to take a day off work because of the pain and feeling so feint. I am thankful that OH swimemrs have come back ok so they will hopefully give me a lap once i get my gynae referral. I have been diagnosed with pcos and thyroid problems, been trying for nearly 4 years.
The pain is very deabilitating isnt it, i just hope they pick something up on a lap as i am certain i have it too. good luck hun xxx
It's mad actually wanting them to find something but I can totally sympathise, I was dreading them saying I didn't have endo. I am an extreme case I have ended up having to give up my uni course because of constant pain, but then my right ovary is stuck down with scar tissue and have endo all over my insides, this is why I suggest pushing to be taken seriously as I wonder what my life would be like if this had been dealt with when I first experienced problems :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->