worried about FET

MiasMum

Reaction score
Im feeling so deflated today. I have just undergone my first ivf attempt and spent so long feeling ill from all the drugs and all to be back at square one.
I had egg collection last week and was due to have a day 5 blast put back yesterday but the doctor strongly advised against it as I have developed OHSS.
The situation now is 6 top quality blasts and 2 embroys have been frozen and I have an appointment on 11th oct to hopefully start the ball rolling for FET.
I cant help but feel sad. The doctor said our chances would be the same but im sure the embrologist said different and to compensate 2 or 3 would be put back - providing they survive the thaw.
I spoke to her earlier this morning and she said we still have a really good chance and they see lots of pregnancies from FET.
I am a natural worrier and am so fed up to be starting again.
I have a daughter from my previous relationship who is almost 8 and my partner has no children, I so dont want a 10 year old and a baby!
I know ill be very lucky but this is just not what I had planned.
Everywhere I look I see pregnant teenagers and people I know are now on to their second or third pregnancy since we have been trying.
Can anyone offer some sucess stories of FET or just some positives?

Many thanks.

I am a success! Actually some clinics are even going to freeze all cycles and FET the next cycle. Transferring when you have OHSS can have a very bad outcome. It can inhibit implantation because the hormones are just way to high. Also if it did take the OHSS can get even more severe and you would end up in the hospital with fluid on your abdomen and lungs needing to be drawn off and worst case scenario a blood clot to the lungs and organ failure. So, its probably the best in your situation.

I have had 3 FETS: 2 which have had BFPS (unfortunately I mc the first BFP for unknown reasons). I am almost 12 weeks now and things are going well. My first BFP was a singleton transfer. If the blasts thaws well and has no signs of damage there is no reason to transfer more than 1 as sET has a pretty good success rate. This last FET was 2 because one embryo had already been thawed and refrozen so we didnt expect both to take. All 4 of my embryos that were frozen survived the thaw so if your clinic is using vitrification then the chances are more than 90% would survive. I know you hate you had to be delayed but it really was for the best! You will get your BFP :) Esp with that many blasts frozen.

Thankyou for your reply. You have made me feel more positive! x

My second surro-baby was a FET!

The first donor egg cycle was fine - we transferred one day 5 embryo from a cycle with a 23 year old donor. My hormone levels were good, my lining was the famed triple stripe, over 9 thick, and hey, I wasn't the one who'd had all the meds for IVF that time around!

It didn't work.

For the FET the very next month my hormone levels were still good, my lining was over 9 thick but but not the triple stripe they hoped to see. Intermediate, they said, so good enough but not perfect.

Apparently it was perfect for Miss Andrea! She was born in January, and J&H haven't gotten a thing done since then because she's too cute! (That was J's excuse as to why he isn't teaching this semester....)

Definitely take heart!

Chelle

I love this site, I come here feeling fown and you cheer me up! Thankyou so much!
Just need to get over my OHSS and look forward to my appointment next month x

Silly phone... meant to read feeling DOWN :-D

I just wanted to add... My doc is one that prefers FET. There are studies showing that FET is not only more successful (80% at my clinic), but produces a healthier baby with higher birth weight. The embryo isn't fighting with all the chemicals and extra drugs, which can take ages to fully flush from your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->