Worried about gender disappointment?

Mummy1210

Reaction score
As I'm only 9weeks, really, gender should be the least of my worries however since this isn't my first I know what roughly to expect and not worried about the pregnancy.
I'm the type of person who believe what will be will be however for some reason I really want our baby to be a boy. I keep looking at baby BOY nursery colours, boy clothes etc. I thankfully haven't bought anything and keep telling myself that a girl would be just as lovely. My previous pregnancy I didn't mind if she was a boy or a girl (she was a girl) I just wanted her to be healthy (which she was :)). The same goes for this little one, in my heart I do just want him or her to be a healthy baby however I can't help but want a male more than a female. Anybody else feel this way?

I've felt a little guilty about it, but I do want this one to be a girl since it's our last. One of each would be amazing, and I've always wanted a little girl. I'm happy to just have healthy children though, and I've told myself I win either way. If it's another boy, I know how much fun my son is and he'll have a little brother so close in age - awesome! And if it's a girl, I'll have my little princess!

Just have to wait a few more weeks since I'm almost 12...:haha:

Yup, same here...I already have a handsome little boy, and would really like a girl since this will be our last baby....I think about this all the time, and I know my entire family wants a girl since there are so many boys! I will obviously be happy with a boy as well, but im sure the initial reactio will be a little dissapointment if itnis a boy

It's a thought that crosses my mind but I know deep down what ever baby will be, they will be so loved by us and their grandparents are going to spoil them rotten so it takes the worry of disappointment away pretty quick.

I think secretly everyone sways more to one gender than the other, I'm hoping for another little girl, but if I get a baby boy he will be loved just as much.

We were both hoping for a boy, it's a girl. I was fine either way but I know DH was disappointed. But now I think he is finally coming around to the idea of having a girl and decorated her room all by himself and has started buying clothes :)

Here is my honest experience:

I adopted a son when I was 30. Got pregnant with a sticky at 34, married at 35. I've always had an AMAZING relationship with my niece, and really, really wanted a girl. I didn't tell anyone that, just that I wanted a healthy baby, but inside I had my heart set on a girl. When we had the US to determine gender and they told me he was a boy, I nearly cried. I ended up crying later to my mom.

Snap ahead 6 months...my boy was here, and he was my absolute LIFE. I would not trade him for a girl no matter what. I LOVE having a little boy.

Since then, my DH's daughter, 15, has come to live with us. She is a nightmare. An absolute nightmare. His son, 14, also came and he is pretty great.

Now, I am slightly leaning toward wanting another boy. They are so much easier than teenage girls. I honestly don't know that I could go thru 15-16 year old girl again. And she was difficult LONG before she came to live with us.

So, I do hope for healthy above all, but I would not be upset in the slightest with another boy ;-). But this time, I don't think I'd have the disappointment I had with my son if I have a girl. I'd be ok. I've come to realize God give you exactly the child you should have, boy or girl.

I want a girl, I've always wanted a girl I got a boy first go, but I was disappointed this will be my last child so I have my fingers crossed

I want another girl. With Gabriella being blind I just really want her to have a sister. I have dreams of them sharing a room and.being friends and this baby helping Gabriella with make up, shopping and clothes when they are older.

It's not that I would be disappointed with a boy but a girl would be lovely :)

I desperately want a girl. I have two boys and this will be my last baby. I'm scared to death that if I hear, it's a boy, that I will have a hard time being excited about his arrival. It's a scary feeling, and not knowing how I'll react is a bad feeling. So, fingers crossed there's no penis! Lol ♡♡

yes! i feel the exact same way!
even though i would love them just the same no matter what gender
i would love a little boy
i cant stand the color pink
and my favorite color is blue
so of course im looking at boy nursery colors bedding ect
and if it a girl we are just going to dress her in green and blue anyway
and jeans and not dresses she is just going to be a little tom boy
we dont really believe in the gender BS anyway
just because its a girl doesnt mean she has to have frilly and girly colors and clothes
she wont even know the difference anyway

I already have 3 girls and for some reason I don't want a boy. I want another girl. If they say "it's a boy" I don't know how I will react to be honest. I'm sure I will eventually be ok with it

I really wanted a boy and convinced myself it was a boy I was having. I kept looking at boys clothes, nearly bought some as I was so determined to have one. When Isabella was placed on my chest I burst in to tears because I was so happy. I couldn't believe I was so chuffed with having a little girl. Now I dress her head to toe in pink and now love looking at and buying little girls clothes. Crazy!

Teri I was exactly the same. Always wanted a boy, had even bought a blue travel system before the gender scan I was so utterly convinced. But when I found out she was a girl I burst in to tears I was so happy and now I can't imagine having a boy :) I also was determined she wasn't going to be all girly girl in pink but guess what.... ;)

I'm really trying to stay neutral and think of the positives for both sexes. We already have our beautiful girl, who I thought was a boy until gender scan- finding out she was a girl was like getting my bfp all over again! But I really, really had no preference just a feeling that was wrong!

This time I'm convinced it's a boy again but don't know why. I can't picture myself with another girl. I keep looking at boys stuff and thinking of names.

Saying that, as much as I adore my brother I always wanted a sister and I'm so envious of my friends who go shopping etc with their sisters. I know it would be amazing for LO. Also I've got so many beautiful clothes dd barely wore that I want to reuse!

Really, I don't mind what it is but I'm worried that DH secretly wants a boy. We're not finding out this time as I know that as soon as we hold him/ her it will make no difference anyway. Just want a healthy baba!

i cant stand pink
definitely not pink
and i cant stand dresses either
jeans and t-shirts

I have a daughter and so badly want a second daughter.. I think I'll be disappointed if I end up having a boy (Uhh... hello, 3 bedroom house!) but I'm sure he'll be loved--and my DD is asking for a baby brother.

I am trying to stay gender neutral....I had gender disappointment with my dd, I wanted her to be a boy....mostly because before she was born I had a little boy and had to place him up for adoption...I was hoping another boy would fill his void....I went through a lot of crazy issues after my dd was born...I had about the worst pp depression....I think it went past depression...my husband will tell me things about what happened during pp, I don't remember it.

When my son was born I didn't so much have even baby blues!

At the moment I'd love another girl....but then I keep trying to just stay neutral.

Teri I was exactly the same. Always wanted a boy, had even bought a blue travel system before the gender scan I was so utterly convinced. But when I found out she was a girl I burst in to tears I was so happy and now I can't imagine having a boy :) I also was determined she wasn't going to be all girly girl in pink but guess what.... ;)

Lol it's so weird isn't it? I fell in love with the dungarees, shorts, nearly bought a tux for bubba for my sisters wedding! Lol. I couldn't imagine having a boy now either. Xxx

I feel so much more "normal" after reading this thread. I was starting to feel so guilty for having any gender preference because OF COURSE a healthy baby is definitely the most important.

But I will be honest and say that I have dreamed of being a mother to a little girl since I was a teenager. I think about it all the time, to the point where having a boy has never even crossed my mind! People always tell me I'm a "girl mom" and my own sister and mom laugh about the idea of me having a boy (probably because I'm a girly girl and little girls love me...I'm not always sure how to act around little boys! haha). I know will be just as excited to find out our baby is a boy, and it will probably be a good learning experience for me too, but of course I'll be hoping for a girl next time. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->