Worried about IVF cost

LaurenaC

Reaction score
Hello!

I wanted to ask for some words of advice regards to IVF treatment. We have been trying for a few years and told our only option is IVF but my husband has children from a previous relationship so we have to pay ourselves. We are scheduled to go on November the 5th to start the meds. Does anyone know when you have to pay for all the treatment and how much it's likely to cost?

We have only £4000 to spend, we are looking at a standard IVF cycle with probably the lowest dose of meds?

I'm so worried to go on the 5th and be told we don't have enough money!

Thanks all :):wacko:

I dont know how much if it in European dollars but I can tell you here in the US average it can cost from $12,000 to $15,000 give or take either way depending on the clinic.

Mine cost £4600

But that includes £700 for time laps and £300 for freezing embryos.

Hey thanks both for replying. I am in the UK so I am looking at around the £4k mark, so £4600 should be do-able!...Fingers crossed it works first time as it will take another year to save up for a second go!... Life is unfair!

LaurenaC, I think you'll need to shop around. Where I am there are 3 possible clinics but only one I'd consider paying to go to. Not wanting a lot of drugs might not be an option as it'll depend on different factors. It stinks that just because your husband has children previously, you can't get help. That really disgusts me, you don't have kids, yet good luck x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->