worried about my LO's health

Sammiesfirst

Reaction score
Is it normal that at my 12 wk scan the babys heart beat was 157 and when i went yesterday for my 20 wk scan it was 138 .. Thats a significant drop dont you guys think? is this normal ?

Also when i gave blood yesterday from my right arm , my arm just stopped giving blood , didnt even fill the tube half way up. But my left arm did the rest of the work..

AND lol ( sorry a lot of questions) I was suppose to have my 20 wk anatomy scan yesterday but they canceled it for June 7th (tuesday) so my scan yesterday they just looked over the babys body her Hb etc she looked at a lot of things but i guess not into great detail.. do you think if something was wrong she would have said something to me ?? and I mean if they canceled my appointment and scheduled it for a later date they wouldnt do that unless they thought something was wrong right ?

also im 5 months and i've lost 2lbs since being pregnant BUT i eat all the time !! >:O

I think if anything was wrong, they'd have said so!

I think heartbeats get lower as time goes on. And maybe you caught baby while she was sleeping/not very active, so her heartbeat didn't need to be any higher?

A 2lb loss isn't too bad. My doctor told me I could lose 10lbs or so if I wanted to during this trimester. I'm overweight to start with though. :shrug:

When we first heard this babies heart beat at 8 weeks it was 165. Now at 21 weeks its 135. Totally normal for it to drop or go higher. Just depends on the baby.It will also be lower if baby is sitting still compared to when they are moving around lots just like us.

I am 21 weeks. I lost 5 pounds. Never had any sickness and ate all the time. I have only gained 1 back so far. Try not to worry about it. It will come.

Upto 12wks my babies hb was 178bpm then it dropped to 156bpm until 16wks and then 138-146bpm ever since.I've been told this means baby is right on track and doing perfectly Hun so ur baby is fine xx

My first hb at 16 weeks was 150 - 160 and then a week later was 120 - 130 and no one said anything to me about being worried! I was a lot more relaxed second time around so maybe that had an effect?
I've had my 20 week scan and no obvious problems so try not to worry!
xxx

The heartbeat can change also re the blood this has happened to me a few times. Some veins can be awkward! :)

My LO heart beat started at 163 and now at 28wks, it's usually around 142-150. I think it is normal to slow down as they get bigger. I always remember the rule of thumb, the smaller you are, the faster your heart rate is... think a hummingbird their heart beats 1260 beats per minute and the average adult beats 75-80 :)

My ultrasound technician said that there is a wide range of "normal" heartbeats for the little one. My sons went from 175 to 141.

HB 8 weeks 170bpm the 13 weeks 140 bpm and now 17 weeks 135 bpm.
if iv been excerising babys heart rate rises alot x

The drop in hear rate is totally normal. The same thing happened to me, and i freaked out on my midwife, told her on my doppler at home it hasn't been below 150 (the day she told me hers showed 130) and she said it's fine. Even now it fluctuates between 135 & 150.

Just like all the other ladies have said, as the baby gets bigger the lower her rate rate will get. It does also depend on how active she has been in your belly at the time the Hb is measured. I understand the worry though. I has experienced the same thing with this little guy.

About the blood draw. Alot of things would cause something like this & it has happened to me numerous times. If you have small or "scarce" veins to begin with, or if the nurse had a hard time finding a vein, it could have been one that just couldn't give enough blood. It is also possible to have this happen if you are dehydrated or if you hast eaten anything that morning or were very inactive that day- lack of blood circulation. It is more than likely because the nurse picked a small vein or something along those lines. With me Lot of times they have to switch between arms to find a good vein depending on how much blood needs to be taken.

My LO's heart rate was a little lower last appt too. I asked the doc about it and she said anything from 110-170 is normal and not to worry!

I have heard that anything in the range 110-180 is perfect - and it will not always be the same.

At 10wks baby's hb was 180, 16wks 162:flower:

My baby's heartbeat upto 12 weeks was always 160bpm.
Now at 19 weeks its 130-140bpm.
Dont worry Hun xx

ur baby is fine. heres my little guys heartbeats:
6 weeks- 135
11 weeks- 170
15 weeks- 158
19 weeks- 150
23 weeks- 140
and sometimes when i use my doppler his heart rate can be between 125-150 bpm

Is it normal that at my 12 wk scan the babys heart beat was 157 and when i went yesterday for my 20 wk scan it was 138 .. Thats a significant drop dont you guys think? is this normal ?

Also when i gave blood yesterday from my right arm , my arm just stopped giving blood , didnt even fill the tube half way up. But my left arm did the rest of the work..

AND lol ( sorry a lot of questions) I was suppose to have my 20 wk anatomy scan yesterday but they canceled it for June 7th (tuesday) so my scan yesterday they just looked over the babys body her Hb etc she looked at a lot of things but i guess not into great detail.. do you think if something was wrong she would have said something to me ?? and I mean if they canceled my appointment and scheduled it for a later date they wouldnt do that unless they thought something was wrong right ?

also im 5 months and i've lost 2lbs since being pregnant BUT i eat all the time !! >:O

That is not a major drop hun, anything between 110-180 is normal. Maybe baby was just relaxed.

I have to have a lot of bloods taken for various medical issues and quite often one arm will decide it doesn't want to play ball. This can be down to something as simple as a relaxed vein.

weight loss- I have lost 14lb since being pregnant and the hospital are not concerned as I am eating well.

If their was something wrong, they would have told you, they would not have just let you go like that.

Just think you get to see your baby again

Everything sounds fine. I've had to go back a second time for the anatomy scan when the baby wasn't in the right position to get a full image of the heart.

I've read a few of your posts lol and you do seem really worried.
What concerns me though is that you never mention any of these worries to the proffesionals?
Only guessing from what I've read btw.

When I have my scans I don't stop asking questions lol.

I'm twenty three weeks and my lo's heart beat went from 169 at twelve weeks and at eighteen it was 130 something. if some was wrong they would have made you come in sooner. my doctor told me that the further you are along the easier it is to see everything. and right now I'm at a total weight loss of 42 pounds with this pregnancy. my lo is Still growing Really well and is very active. don't worry. hugs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->