Worried about ovulating

MummyKP

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm not currently charting bbt or using OPKs as I'd rather spend the first couple of months TTC without stressing over when I am actually ovulating, however, recently I've been more aware of other signs that I am O. I've had some tummy cramps recently, however, thinking back to the past 2 months or so, I can't remember ever having EWCM, which has me worried I may not be ovulating. It's more thin & creamy ATM (sorry tmi). What do you suggest I do? Try BBT/OPKs, or go to the drs? Half of me thinks to see how the next month goes before doing anything like going to the drs, but at the same time I don't want to waste time if I am not ovulating and would rather get seen by a dr and see what she suggests if I'm not ovulating. Is there anything they can do to bring on ovulation? Or is it a matter of having to TTC for a year before they'll even consider us for help to conceive if results came back as not O? Sorry for the long post, I'm really worried about this so any replies would be appreciated!

I don't know for certain but likely a doc wouldn't do anything unless you had been actively TTC for a while, usually a year.. unless you're over 35, then 6 months. When the doc does do something they usually require you to chart your BBT.. in fact my fertility friend app had some statistic recently about how most women seeking help to conceive have never tried to determine when they ovulate. I would suggest keeping track daily of your CM at least and if you can chart BBT that would be helpful too. Also worth noting is that not everyone has EWCM, some will have watery CM during the fertile period. Also some medications like allergy meds can alter CM as well.

Like you, I don't want the beginning of TTC to be stressful so I decided to just monitor my CM. I noticed that I was having EWCM later in my cycle than I'd expected so I started temping just over a month ago. So far with the help of my app it definitely gives me a better idea of when I ovulate. Temping helps keep me feeling like I'm working towards having a baby since we aren't trying yet. I'm hoping that temping for a few months will give me an average time frame for ovulation so that when we do start TTC I can stop temping etc. and just enjoy it..maybe aiming for more BDing when I see EWCM.

So to summarize I'd try charting more before seeking help. That way if you do need help you can show the doc you're serious and being proactive and thus will likely get help sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->