Worried about prolapse :/

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
TMI, but I put a finger in my vagina today, I wanted to feel whether I felt 'normal'... and I do not!!

My cervix is reeeally low, only about 2 thirds of my index finger was in and it was clearly touching my cervix. I could also feel a weird bulge, like pingpong ball sized soft ball, on the back wall of my vagina. It was hanging so low, I could get my finger either side of it.

I was really hoping to have sex after my 6 week check but I'm 4 weeks now and I'm not sure there would be 'room'. :(

Is this normal? Is it just swelling or a prolapse of some kind? Should I insist the Dr check it? Noone has checked me physically since birth despite me having 3 stitches, they just as if I'm peeing and pooing ok. :/

Help.

I would tell your practitioner know that it feels weird down there and you're concerned.

I would ask them to check you. I had to ask my doctor to check me at the six week check and I do have a mild b;ladder prolapse.

I was diagnosed with bladder, rectal, and uterine prolapse about 2 months after the birth of LO. For me, the only permanent treatment is surgery down the road, however I've been doing Kegels and can feel a slight improvement with the uterine prolapse. Rectal and bladder not so much, but I notice them less now than after my initial discovery. Good luck hun!

Spoke to my GP on the phone and she said some degree is common this early on but she's going to check me later today because I'm worrying a LOT. I'll update later xx

I wouldn't worry too much at all and I hope the GP can reassure you, it can take 4-6 weeks or longer for everything to go back into place. I have worried a couple of times that I've had a prolapse but upon looking into it, it wasn't. I have been told with a true prolapse it will actually be worse when standing up, upon checking when standing my cervix was so high up it couldn't be reached and my bladder was in a normal position so that reassured me xx

The Dr reassured me that it's normal at this stage, apparently the muscles of the vaginal walls take a while to get strong enough to hold everything in place again. She said if it feels the same or worse in a month then to come back, but at the moment she doesn't see any reason it won't go back to normal. PHEW!!!

I would ask them to check you. I had to ask my doctor to check me at the six week check and I do have a mild b;ladder prolapse.

What do they do about it?xx

I'm attending physiotherapy but it's basically just Kegels. However the physio did check internally to see if I was doing them correctly, which was very useful as I wasn't tightening all the way forward to the bladder, which is where I really need it. They won't do anything else for a year as it can improve significantly with time. I got a pelvic floor exercise DVD too which I find useful to keep me motivated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->