Worried about secondary infertility

Bruingirl

Reaction score
I gave birth to my first baby in Dec, and my husband and I would really like to get pregnant soon, as he will be leaving in a couple of months on a military deployment.
Prior to my daughter, I had one pregnancy (not trying, not preventing) that ended in MC at 7w3d. After a d&c, I fell pregnant with my daughter. My cycles were quite regular - varying between 26 and 30 days.

I stopped breast feeding completely and stopped the minpill in May. I had one cycle that started shortly thereafter and lasted for 2 months. I am CD 30 right now in my second cycle. I have not ovulated (checking OPKs). My ob/gyn said to keep waiting, but we are definitely anxious. This is our 4th month trying, and I'm not ovulating.
Did anyone else have this problem? I got easy relatively easily in the past, but at 36, I am worried that I am running out of time.
Those who have been in similar situations - how long before you were started on clomid or other reproductive assitance?

I wouldn't worry at all yet. You've only had 3 cycles since stopping breastfeeding - and it can take a few months for the body to regulate it's cycles. When my period came back after both my kiddos, it was really wonky for about 4-5 months. With my second I ended up with the most regular clockwork schedule I have had in my life. In my experience ovulation is hit and miss these first few months while my body goes back to "non-pregnant/nursing mode". Based on the fact that you haven't had problems in the past, I would give it a few more months at least. It's only been 9mo since you had a baby and only a few months since AF came back, so I would give your body a bit more time before thinking about reproductive assistance.

I had our first two months after I turned 37.
We decided to start trying for #2 when she turned two, last summer (2012).
In December I went to a FS. It was then that he recommended
Clomid and iui. We were very hesitant at first, as we really
Wanted it to happen naturally.

We decided to go for the clomid/iui in April.
I'm now in the ttw after our 5th attempt.

Good luck to you! Hopefully your ttc time will be short:thumbup:

:hugs:

Thanks for the replies.
I'm just getting frustrated because I'm not ovulating at all. I would ideally like to have two more babies, and I feel like my biological clock is ticking loudly.
My cycles are now >50 days, and before were 28 like clock work.
I've started accupuncture, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. My accupuncturist said that the shortest time for one of his patients to get pregnant was 8 months :(
I'll probably see if I can get my labs done early in my next cycle. Since I'm going 2 months between periods now, I don't want to miss my lab window.
My husband is starting a military deployment in late December, so I think I feel a bit rushed from that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->