Worried about weight gain?

Cheshirista

Reaction score
Don't be, I'm up 38lbs at 27 weeks. I win. I think.

I knew I was putting on more weight this time, I've felt rough all the way through and keep getting ill and injured so all I've been able to do is sit at home and eat, but yesterday, for reasons I shall never be able to explain, I got on the scales. Oops.

Never mind. After DS was born I got into the shape of my life, I know I can do it and will do it again.

Anyway, I know some of you stress about 20lbs or whatever, I did last time too, just thought I'd make you feel a bit better haha.

Lol last time I gained between 4&5 stone (14lb in a stone girls) but I lost over 1.5 stone the day he was born and 3 by 6 weeks pp doing nothing to lose the weight.
this time I've gained just over a stone at 28 weeks but I started off heavier and I've tried not to go crazy but really I haven't done anything majorly different it's just how my body has worked.
Xx

I only gained 30 lbs last time but after I had her I lost 50! Thank you, breastfeeding! It's seriously like a miracle diet. I worked out and ate right, but I've done that before and not seen the weight come off as fast as it did when I was BF!
So I'm with you- It's worrying, sure, but I know I can get back to where I wanna be so I don't stress it! :hugs:

In my last pregnancy I only gained two stone through out but this time I've gained over 3 stone at 33 weeks!

I'm not too bothered as I know I will shift the weight once baby is born.

You loose, I win!
I gained about 44 pounds up until now.
I have no idea where it's all gone because I'm not all that big anywhere.

im 28 weeks today and have gained 42lbs
so i win haha

started out 5 foot 2 inches 120lbs
still 5 foot 2 inches but now 162lbs

i have never had to worry about what/how much i eat or exercise
i have never been a healthy eater or active because i have never had to be to healthy/skinny

its really hard on me and has given me some crippling anxiety and depression
but at least baby is healthy psychically even if i am not mentally

i am terrified and traumatized that this weight will not come off easily
and my metabolism will not go back to the way it was before
and i will struggle with my weight for the rest of my life
change is really hard/traumatic for me
i am not really good at anything and dont have any talents, never have
so being skinny and not having to try is one of the only things i have had in life

gained all but four pounds of the weight in second tri
it seems i gain about 5lbs every two weeks
im so scared i will be close to 200lbs by the time baby is born

i also have stretch marks all over my boobs, butt, love handles, and thighs and my boobs are giant and saggy and i have horrible chest acne but i dont care about those things as much, i could live with them all as long as the weight comes off quickly/easily and my metabolism goes back to the way it was and i dont have to worry about what/how much i eat. i just want to fit into my pre pregnancy jeans and have a flat stomach

I can't say that you'll be able to lose it all without doing anything, but if you want to, you will. I worried too much last time, but a even after childbirth our bodies are still machines that burn calories, build muscle etc so you can still change it if you want to.

I have to be honest and say I was one of the ones who said "just because i'm pregnant doesn't mean i'm going to allow myself to eat the diet on a heffalump". If only it was so easy. Just weighed myself again today at 32+5 and have gained 34lbs (4 in the last week...eeek). I'm devastated if i'm honest but i'll be getting back to Slimming world as soon as I can once my baby is here. A

Oh and come from someone who was very overweight 9-10 years ago if you want you loose weight you can and you will. But you have to have the right mindset and be determined to do it. Stick to a diet plan 100% and you will get 100% results. Commit to 50% and you will get 50% results and so on.

Not counting this pregnancy (I have had a hyperthyroid so unfair advantage lol) I usually gain upwards of 60lbs and I've delivered 2 months early the last 3 babies!! So a contender for sure:haha: It comes off though, certainly by the end of babies first year and breastfeeding does help a lot for me. Some bodies just like to gain during pregnancy:baby:

Well, thanks ladies, I was feeling a little rotten, but now see that I am, and we all are, doing fine - phew!
Last pg I gained 30lbs total. This pg I was up 30lb by 32 weeks :shock: so I have been worried I'm just going to be massive by the end. But hey, at least I'll be a nice, soft and cozy mama! :haha:

I think I may have GD, or something is not right...so on october 30th i weighed 153lbs 11.2oz and today I weigh 165lbs 6oz. In 19 days I gained 12 and a half pounds. My weights so far this pregnancy at the midwife have been as follows:

June 19th (7 weeks): 121lbs 6.4oz
July 10th (10 weeks): 124lbs 1.6oz
August 14th (15 weeks): 129lbs 11.2oz
September 11th (19 weeks): 136lbs 8oz
October 9th (23 weeks): 147lbs 6.4oz
October 30th (26 weeks): 153lbs 11.2oz

and of course today 165lbs 6oz at home. My scale at home weighs exactly the same as the one at the midwife, I have weighed myself at home before and after multiple appoints and its maybe off like .5oz
beginning to get concerned for my health. hopefully going in tomorrow to do the glucose test. what do you think ladies?

other symptoms:

for the past 4-6 weeks i have been seeing white/black swirlies in my vision 1-2 times a day and it only lasts about 5-15 seconds
and i have been peeing more frequently but not drinking more frequently i have force myself to drink more than 25oz (750ml) of liquid a day (i have always been that way my whole life never drank a whole lot)
i get dizzy about 1-2 times a day where i have to lay down for about 30-45mins

my urine at my appointment on the 30th was good same with blood pressure
i have no way of checking my blood pressure at home.

Haven't seen you in a while Bridget! How are you?!
How did the test go? Does the weight gain concern the MW/doctor?

I gained 4 1/2 stone with DD but lost 2 1/2 the day I had her... I hold water like a sponge.

With this one, I've gained 3 stone so far so not bad. I now have pitting on my legs but will shift it all again like last time. I didn't do anything special, just walked a lot.

were you super puffy with your first?
because i am not puffy at all so i am not convinced it is water weight

well passed my glucose test and saw my midwife yesterday. blood pressure was 110/60 and urine was negative for protein so not at risk for preeclampsia yet but my mom had it with her first (she was 30) didnt have it with her two middle children and then had it with me (she was 41 when she had me) and her mom had it too with her first. plus im under 20 so i have a disposition for it. i guess my body just thinks there is some sort of famine going on and is going nuts according to my midwife. she says not to worry. baby had a strong heartbeat and is moving everyday

still the weight gain is causing me some major stress/depression
really having an impact on my mental health

still the weight gain is causing me some major stress/depression
really having an impact on my mental health

I know what you mean, I find it hard not to let it get to me, but just trying to eat as reasonably as I can and know that in less than 3 months I'll be able to start doing something about it.

Honestly, I feel so enormous, I have this massive muffin top that I can actually FEEL in whatever I wear. This time last year I had a full six pack. So it's hard to be this big... but I know I can get back in shape, I've done it before and there is literally NO point getting down over it. I just try to think about something else when it pops into my head.

I am 30 weeks tomorrow, up 32 pounds, I am looking at probably ending at 40/45. I gained 40 my last pregnancy, but lost 90 after (w.out breast feeding even! Just did a program *WW*). Took 3 years, but I wasn't in a race.

This time I was smaller when I started but I plan to breast feed in conjuction with the program I used before, so hopefully it won't take me 3 years again like like time to lose it all!

I really don't feel I should stress when pregnancy, as long as the baby is healthy that is all that matters to me. The weight will come off after. :)

Thank you ladies again, I find this so supportive!
I am up 34lbs at 34weeks! Weighing in at 164lbs and 5'5". This is the most I have ever weighed in my life and I have 6 weeks to go still!
Today I am really feeling like I look huge. I can feel my soft, squishy hips and feel like I have a double chin and chunky arms! :( I wish it wasn't getting me down. Thank you for the pep talk. But I am actually nervous with Christmas arriving! I am a baker and I have never really had to watch what I eat, so I'm not very disciplined...

But, like you all have said, it will come off after. And I will get a healthy plump baby out of this :D
:kiss:

I'm up 32 lbs and I'm 27 weeks 3 days :wacko: I feel your pain!

I feel really guilty though because I've been off work for a month now, and not been doing much other than lounging and eating. I've turned into good old Martha Stewart baking things... Unfortunately I have an injury that prevents most activity- even going on small walks.

I really hope breast feeding does the trick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->