Worried about work

bambi93

Reaction score
I'm 4w6d pregnant after a miscarriage, I'm really overprotective of myself at the moment because I don't want anything to go wrong again so i'm kind of wrapping myself in cotton wool until i get past the first trimester.

Someone told me that in the first few weeks you have to refrain from stretching, lifting your arms suddenly, lifting heavy things etc etc.

Well I work part-time in a day nursery with children from 4 months old to 5 years old, I didn't really want to mention anything to my co-workers until i get the all clear but i'm worried about my duties in the nursery, like carrying children, bending down, things like that.

I know it's probably nothing to worry about, but I wouldn't want any harm to come to my baby and I keep freaking out about miscarrying again.. do you think it's safe to be doing my job the same?

There's no way I could tell my manager because she would suggest I take time off for a while, but because I'm a childcare student I need to get all my hours in to complete my course.

Help? :(

If you're worried I would speak to your midwife and see what she says. My personal opinion is that if its something your body is used to doing then its probably fine. Whereas if a pregnant office worker suddenly started lifting up 4 year olds all day then it may be more of an issue.

I really wouldn't worry too much. How do you think people mange with siblings. As the lady said above if you are used to it then you will be okay. Heck I'm still going to body pump!

If you are worried speak with your healthcare provider.

I wouldn't worry. In the first trimester you are capable of keeping up with your regular exercise routines and intensities. Doing your day to day activities including work activities should be fine.

This just isn't the time to go from lifting 25lbs to 75lbs if your body does not normally do so.

Thanks everyone, that's really reassuring. I was so worried! haha xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->