Worried about..

Lcg2693

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm probably just worrying over nothing but I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago, I phoned up the doctors and they have me a maternity pack, it's got leaflet after leaflet about tests. Ever since I got the pack and read it, I've got constant anxiety about them. I'm about 6 weeks. I phoned up my GPs to ask if I could get the tests done ASAP as I'm losing sleep over them and they refused me. So does anyone have any tips on how to occupy my mind or how to clear my mind just before I sleep as I'll be up all night thinking about them.

Sorry for the long post!

Im not sure what tests you have read about but generally you just have a down syndrome scan and blood test at 12 weeks and thats it unless there seems to be complications with bub found on scan. Oh and just the regular blood test when they confirm pregnancy they will test for sti's and some Drs will do a pap but ive never had one during pregnancy.
It's normal to feel worried, take a breath and just try relax.

Thanks for the reply!

Maybe the one blood test covers them all then and ive got it all confused. I hate all kinds of blood tests etc so my anxiety has taken over! Pregnancy is very new to me and I panic over everything!

Thanks again.

You will most likely get a blood draw at your first appointment and maybe a pap. These will test for pregnancy hormones and sti's. Then around 12 they might do an NT scan (I had to request it whereI'm at) and blood test to check on your baby's chances of having birth defects.
They test for a lot of things, but they do it all in one go. They won't stick and prod you for each thing they're testing for. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->