Worried CB digi still on 1-2 weeks

Kittique

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks tomorrow (approx) and my CB digi has read 1-2 weeks for the past two days :( I am so worried. I have a scan on 12th August it seems so far away. I have PCOS and 2 miscarriages before

Shouldn't they at least read 2-3 by now?

I've read so many posts about women getting worried by those tests. Yes...I would think they would read 2-3 by now but I'm not really sure. Could you call your doctor and ask to have bloods run for peace of mind? These tests seem to cause a lot of stress.

I'm in the UK they are not generous with testing etc, I was lucky to even get an early scan. My GP won't even refer me to a MW until 8 weeks.

I'd do a search on b&b on those tests b/c I do think a lot of ladies have had the same problem.

I once read that these tests should only be an indication of whether or not you're pregnant and extremely inaccurate to tell you how far along you are. Try not to worry. I'm sure that at your appointment your mw will tell you that everything is fine :)

Technically, they call it a "weeks estimator" to alleviate concern with exact accuracy. Even on their website, they claim it is only an estimate and only a true blood test could give the most accurate information. Mine has been on 2-3 weeks the whole time so far.

Here it is directly from their website
The Weeks Estimator result is determined by the level of hCG in your urine. The level of hCG varies from woman to woman and therefore the Weeks Estimator may give misleading results. All results should be confirmed by your doctor, especially when making decisions about future medical care. Only your doctor can determine whether your pregnancy is healthy.
Your doctor determines how many weeks pregnant you are based on the first day of your last menstrual period and ultrasound results. This test provides a different estimate. Please note that the doctor may date your pregnancy differently from the information shown in this table, since pregnancy dating is dependent on the circumstances of the patient.
Agreement of Weeks Estimator results with clinical findings ranged widely from 45-99%.

Hi hun,

I got stuck on 2-3 weeks with these digis with my last pregnancy too. Like the other ladies said try not to worry about it too much. If you took another one in a week and it still reads 1-2 then I would contact the doc again or go to EPU.

:hugs:

Thanks all

I found a thread that talked about opening them and seeing the lines on them, I did this on the two I had done and there were 3, dark lines on the strip!! So my OH went and bought another packet and I did another test and it came up 3+ !!

that must have been a faulty batch I was so annoyed

Honestly think these tests are useless now!

My CB didn't tick over to 3+ (which is apparently anything over 2000+) until Monday just gone. On Wednesday I had my betas taken and my HCG levels were 7262 so either my HCG zoomed up in 2 days or they were 2000+ by around Saturday so it wasn't totally far off but still not that accurate

:flow:

I have one more of those tests left... I am tempted to use it now that I am 9 weeks to see that 3+ symbol, but I don't because I don't want to put myself through the stress if it is wrong. It even says in the directions that it could give false readings! So for my sanity, I just don't do it.

That's great news Kittique. Just goes to show they can be wrong :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->