Worried!!! Implanted on far right side

momwithbabies

Mom of Two
Reaction score
Went for ultrasound today because I've had this weird burning sensation. The ultrasound tech said the baby is to the far right side of my uterus. The pain is on my left, which makes no sense. But she sounded concerned. She asked me if anyone has ever told me my uterus had a different shape, and I said no. The nurse said she wants the doctor to look at it when he comes back from vacation (next week). I'm worried out of my mind that this pregnancy will not be viable. I heard the heartbeat and baby measures at 7 weeks. I've read some stuff on the Internet that says it's nothing to be concerned over, and then I've read some that had horrible outcomes!

Anyone been through something similar? She did say that my first pregnancy was to the right, but not that far. I'm calling back tomorrow because I'm driving myself insane!

Well, I spoke to the nurse this morning. I asked her if I should be concerned and she said she didn't want to say yes and she didn't want to say no. I asked her if the positioning made me more likely to have a miscarriage and she said she didn't know. My doctor is still out of town, but hopefully he will call to check in today. If not, I'm waiting until Monday unless I have bleeding or more pain. So, this didn't help calm me down any.

I don't know why nurses do this, esp when they obv don't know she should have said nothing.

For what its worth I have never heard anything negative about implanting on the right side.

I wish they would have never told me anything, too! I would rather live in ignorance at this point, especially if nobody can give me a straight answer. Thank you for your reply!

The baby can implant on the right, left, more towards the back (posterior) or towards the front (anterior). So long as its not in your tubes or covering your cervix I don't see why there would be a problem. It just doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't worry about it one bit (I know, easier said than done). I honestly do not think she knows what she is talking about which is generally why the nurses arfen't supposed to "read" your ultrasound results to you, the Dr. does.

By the end of the pregnancy the placenta covers almost 50% of the inside of your uterus. It may be centered in a less favorable place, but as long as the placenta can grow to cover nice thick lining, it will be okay.
I'll keep your baby in my thoughts.

I wish these so called professionals would stop scaring people. Especially as your Dr is away. Hopefully all will be ok :)

The baby can implant on the right, left, more towards the back (posterior) or towards the front (anterior). So long as its not in your tubes or covering your cervix I don't see why there would be a problem. It just doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't worry about it one bit (I know, easier said than done). I honestly do not think she knows what she is talking about which is generally why the nurses arfen't supposed to "read" your ultrasound results to you, the Dr. does.

Thank you! That makes me feel better! She didn't say anything about it covering the cervix and it's definitely not in my tubes, so surely I'm good. I wish my doctor would look at it, but it seems I'll have to wait until Monday.

By the end of the pregnancy the placenta covers almost 50% of the inside of your uterus. It may be centered in a less favorable place, but as long as the placenta can grow to cover nice thick lining, it will be okay.
I'll keep your baby in my thoughts.

Thank you for keeping my baby in your thoughts. I'm praying the placenta can grow where it is at. I had never thought of it taking up 50% of my uterus!

I wish these so called professionals would stop scaring people. Especially as your Dr is away. Hopefully all will be ok :)

Amen, to that! I'm still worried, but I've been feeling good. Hopefully, this will all be a story to tell one day.

Ive implanted on my right which is the side i ovulated from and im 11w3d never been told its a problem.

This! I totally agree!

My son implanted far on the right hand side they told me that I may miscarry I bled that night so went back in but it was just fine. He is now a very cheeky 5 year old x

My son implanted far on the right hand side they told me that I may miscarry I bled that night so went back in but it was just fine. He is now a very cheeky 5 year old x

Oh, my gosh! That's so scary! I'm glad everything turned out fine!

I go in for an ultrasound today with my doctor. I'm incredibly nervous and worried. I'm wondering why he would want to repeat the ultrasound so soon after the last one, which was last Thursday??? It makes me think the worst, of course. I'll let you ladies know what he says. Please keep my baby in your thoughts. I've also noticed I don't have many pregnancy symptoms, which I know can mean nothing, but my brain is going to the worst possible outcome.

Just got out. He says it looks okay, but it could end up being a cornual pregnancy, which is not able to survive. He wants to do a repeat ultrasound next Monday, from the place where they get better images of my uterus, and go from there. If it is a cornual pregnancy, he said I should be hurting, which is good that I'm not. So, it's a waiting game.

I'm pretty upset. I broke down in front of the doctor. I want to believe everything will be okay, but I also know Mother Nature can be very cruel.

Big hugs :hugs:

First off, repeat scans to determine exactly where the baby is implanted are definitely a good idea in this situation. Corunal pregnancies are a very rare form of ectopic, basically when the baby implants in the section of the tube that connects to the uterus. It can be a bit hard to determine whether its actually in the cornua or not. If there's doubt, sometimes Drs will choose to monitor weekly rather than terminate because there *are* success stories where baby did move down enough between scans that the pregnancy was able to be successful. However they are rare; usually if left to progress will rupture in the second trimester.

I hope that your next scan reveals that the baby is well enough out of the way of the cornua :hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Big hugs :hugs:

First off, repeat scans to determine exactly where the baby is implanted are definitely a good idea in this situation. Corunal pregnancies are a very rare form of ectopic, basically when the baby implants in the section of the tube that connects to the uterus. It can be a bit hard to determine whether its actually in the cornua or not. If there's doubt, sometimes Drs will choose to monitor weekly rather than terminate because there *are* success stories where baby did move down enough between scans that the pregnancy was able to be successful. However they are rare; usually if left to progress will rupture in the second trimester.

I hope that your next scan reveals that the baby is well enough out of the way of the cornua :hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I'm hoping next week's US will reveal a normal, healthy pregnancy growing in the right spot. I can't hardly take this wait and see, although I agree that the doctor is doing what he should. I wish I would have never went in for the early US.

Thank you for your thoughts and well-wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->