Worried. Why did I do it. Advice please?

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
I always swore I wouldn't be one of these women that repeatedly test. Well, I have taken more tests this time then ever before. :dohh: anyways, I took a test maybe 5 days ago and the test line was darker than the control line and that was with diluted afternoon wee. I took a test this morning with FMU and the test line was lighter than control. So now I'm stressing myself out. I still have morning sickness so I have no idea. I have to wait til Monday to have my first 8 wk scan. Has anyone experienced this and bubba was fine? :cry:

Ok, so over 12hrs and no replies, so I'm thinking that maybe people don't know about this. I've done some research now and it looks like this is common. I thought I'd pass it on in case it happens to any of you. This is apparently called the 'hook effect'. Once your HCG levels get really high, the test will go lighter. If you dilute your wee, then the test will be darker again! Go figure! So I think the moral of the story, is step away from the stick!

See? No need to worry yourself!
Had I seen this, I would have replied and told you that the darkness of the test lines don't mean anything, so don't stress about it.
I know PAL is hard, but we've all done everything we can, it's out of our hands now, so try to relax and go with it x :hugs:

Thanks sweetie. You are right. PAL certainly puts put anxiety on things! No more tests for me! Time to try to relax (as much as I can) until at least Monday when I have my scan. Thanks Hun. X

Good luck with your scan, you'll be just fine x

Thanks sweets. H&H 9 months! X

I was going to say it was probably the hook effect butit looks like you figured that out already. Wishing you a H&H 9 months.

Thanks Blue eyes. I hadn't heard of it before. Who would have thought that existed! ;-)

haha yeah im sure your bean is just fine :) ive heard of the hook effect before, its quite weird. I have 25 hcg test from ebay though and im sure when i get a second line next time they will probally all get used.

Lots of sticky baby dust to you. At least you know what to expect if you are a bit of a POAS addict lol. I'm done testing now. Messes with my head too much. Hope you get your BFP real soon. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->