Worried..

holsx

3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Im startin 2 really worry bout ollie's weight, as wen i tell them hes 13lb 6 at 8 weeks old they ask me how much im feeding him n stuff. he was born 10b 2, is this really 2 much weight 2 have put on? :cry:

Doesn't sounds like it Hols. He was a big baby at birth and that's probably normal for him.
6 to 9 oz is average weight gain was what we were told by our very trusty HV.
Going by that sounds like he's doing quite well.
Is it the docs / HV that are asking or other people?

No jus other mums n stuff, he doesn look massive, just chunky. But they worry me when loads of people ask me :(

Hunny he sounds lovely and healthy...you had a big baby hunny:) Are you bottle or breast feeding? x

Ignore them - honestly. People always like to tell you how you are doing it all wrong. You are the mummy and you know best!
It sounds like he's doing lovely!!
If the doctor and HV aren't concerned, please don't be.
:hug:

Don't worry about it! My sister's baby was 16 lbs at 8 weeks. He was only born 8 lbs 3 oz. Her doctor used to always say he just had a healthy appetite. She didn't mind as well as when he would get ill and refuse to feed, there was never any danger of him getting too skinny. Now that he's starting to walk, he's thinning out, but he was a gorgeous little (or rather big!) boy.

Just wondering hun...just a fab weight thats all xx

When you compare his birth weight to weight now its hardly a massive gain is it? Take no notice xx

I wouldn't worry about it. Hannah weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces at birth and at her last appointment a week ago weighed 10 pounds 14 ounces. I'm sure she's well over 11 pounds by now

I get the same thing but the opposite , max is not heavy but very very long so people think im not feeding him lol hes 26" long and is about 14lbs but then again he eats like a total pig and is long ..my grandma is always comparing him to his cousin who is 2 weeks older lol he is 16 lbs now
let them be

People will always criticize any little thing. He sounds perfectly healthy to me. I swear I brought Erica to see my mom at work yesterday, and one lady started saying how she is big for her age, and asking me about it. Then another lady walked right up saying how small she is, and is she healthy. Most people have no idea what they are talking about, I would try not to take it to heart. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->