worryed about the risks with being over 35

Clair75

Reaction score
hi all

am 36/37 in june and we have decided we wont to try, i have 3 children from past marrige age 10,11,14 and hubby has to children from past marrige age 16,18 after a long talk we both decided we wont to try for a baby of our own,
but now i have been looking on the net and did not think being over 35 ment at risk all the things that could go wrong with me or baby are scaring me, the big one being down syndrome,

how dose every one eles feel and how high risk is being over 35...
am scared now and dont wont to worry about baby for the hole nine months.

I am 37 - trying for my 7th !!! I think there is a higher risk but not much higher :)

Good luck with what you decide to do xx

Based on my own research (and I did a LOT) 35 is a not magic number where everything SUDDENLY changes. Gradually, with age, fertility declines and there is the possibility of more complications to mom and baby including a greater risk of miscarriage, greater possibility of complications during pregnancy and complications or issues with the health of the baby. Your current health and pregnancy history should also be taking in consideration when making the decision.
However, the vast majority of the pregnancies and babies are healthy even after the age of 35. The odds are still overwhelmingly in our favor.
A lot of the ladies that I know that have had children between 35-39 years old (not their first though - not sure if that would make a difference) had healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. I personally dont know anybody a little older than that having a child so I can't comment on that but there are so many success stories on this board, and on many others.
I would not feel discouraged, necessarily, because you are 36/37 yearls old, specially if you really want another one and you are in good health.
I am 35 and TTC #3 and my doctor is not concerned about my age. I am not sure that 36/37 makes a huge difference! Good luck with your decision.

I just turned 36 in January and when my husband and I decided four months ago to TTC I went and got a check up w/my doctor. When I expressed concern over my age my doctor practically laughed at me. She told me not to read too much into the stuff you find on the internet. She also told me that these days women are having babies much older because of their career path, etc. She made me feel much better. It sounds like we are close in age, so I don't think you have anything to worry about just yet. :thumbup:

thanks guy,:flower:

we talked about it all last night and i feel much better about it now. what will be will be, you could send your self mad looking at all the bits on the net.
so going to stop that and worrying about things that have not happend let, thank you for your help :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->