Worrying about scan measurements, advice please x

susiesue

Reaction score
Hi, I am 39 and expecting first baby after ICSI.
I had nt scan and was put at low risk, nuchal measurement was 1.6 at 13 weeks and nasal bone was present. I declined bloods as I had heard lots of stories of them being skewed at my age.
Had 20 week scan and no concerns were noted. I noticed head measurement was ahead of everything else but was told all was in normal ranges. I noticed when I got home that femur length was on small side 29.5mm, I am only 5ft4 and oh is taller but has long body. I have stupidly googled all this and see that short FL is a soft marker for downs. I hope I am worrying over nothing as surely if it had been short enough for a marker they would have said at the scan??

Thanks for reading xxx

I'd say if no concerns were noted at your 20 week scan you have nothing to worry about. :)

I have tried to delete "google" from my computer, but it just comes up every time again!

Lol

Thanks for your reply :) I know what you mean about google, I try and stop myself but it's so hard!!

Good luck with your pregnancy x

I am 44 (43 when I conceived) and my bloods/NT and anomaly scan were pretty good, so we chose not to do amnio, etc., and every scan since (I get at every appointment) has been fine. There are a number of soft makers for downs (I have obsessively checked google as well!), the femur is only one. There's also hands/feet, nasal bone, heart, etc., so 1 marker probably don't mean a thing. Oh, at 24 wks, baby's head is always larger than 'normal'; it will take another few weeks before everything balances out!

I can't 100% reassure you that everything is 100% fine, but did YOU notice the femur length on your own or was it pointed out as a point of concern at the scan? If they (the doctor/mw, etc.) didn't refer to it, then they probably are not worried about it.

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->