worrying ultrasound scan

rainbow girl

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I went for an ultrasound scan this morning as per preliminary investigations into why I haven't conceived yet. It was an internal scan as my bladder wasn't full enough for them to have a good look! Anyway the sonographer hardly said a word so when I asked her if everything was ok she said that everything looks fine. So this afternoon I get a phone call from the hospital booking me in for another scan in 6 weeks time. I asked why I need to go again and the receptionist said i have a cyst and they want to check it again in 6 weeks! She wouldnt give me any more information and my GP said to phone her on Wednesday to discuss! What do you think this could mean? Would a cyst affect my fertility? I'm so fed up, we already have a male factor problem really hope it's not a double whammy :cry:

Help!!

Hi honey - easier said than done but please try not to worry. Hopefully your gp can shed some light on things on wednesday xxx

Hi honey,
I wouldn't worry too much, it's quite normal to have cysts. The reason they will be getting you back in, is to see whether it has disappeared on it's own as part of your next cycle (which is usually the case.)
At my first scan the doctor said I had a cyst that was about the same size as my right ovary, which really freaked me out! But at the next scan it had gone.
The other possibility is that you could have a polycystic ovary or ovaries - again, this is quite common and it's treatable. Hopefully all will be fine!
Good luck to you!:flower:

Thanks girlies,
Feeling a bit more positive after some reach online that says its completely normal to have cysts that usually disappear after 1 or 2 cycles. fx thats all it is.

Xo and lots of baby dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->