Worth it to get Doppler?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I almost bought one earlier on in my pregnancy and then put it off. I now am debating again! I almost bought one this morning and then talked myself out of it. It's pretty expensive to get a good one. What's your opinions?

I'm in the market for owning another. I had one for my first pregnancy and there were days I felt she might not had been moving as much and some other days I was just over paranoid :haha: it helped tremendously with putting my mind at ease. Totally worth the money and if you get a sonoline the resale value is high. Hope this helps!!

That's one thing I was wondering about was resale value and where to even resell them at. This will be my last baby most likely as between the two of us we will have three.

I ended up reselling mine on ebay for almost full price of what I paid. I'm now on a few mom swap groups on Facebook for my local towns which might make it easier this time around. I suggest maybe checking Facebook to see if you have something similar to where you live

Check Craigslist... I found one near where I live. The lady wanted $45, we settled at $40 but have yet to meet up to do the transaction. She isn't answering my emails either :growlmad: so I may need to find another option ;) haha

After debating all day, and weeks before, I bought one! I got it on www.fetaldopplers.net, which is in Illinois so shipping should be fast:p and shipping was free so it was under $50, which is what I was hoping to keep it under:) I can't wait to get it! It said that most orders ship same day, so I will be anxiously awaiting my email! lol

Hi! ( I feel like I'm following you around the threads lol) I have been debating too. I never had one with my other pregnancies, but always wanted one. I still want one, but this is my last baby, so was thinking why pay now to only use it this once. I may check out that website, thanks for posting. Will you update to say how quickly you got it? I know my husband would NOT think this is something I need to buy, but I want to enjoy experiencing everything this last time around. I kinda want to experience hearing baby every now and then at home :)

Hi ladies I'm in Canada and got the sonoline b from a Canadian site to avoid crazy shipping fees and extra costs in duties and it was $88 plus taxes so close to $100 but I got it super fast (put my order in wed evening around 6 pm and it was delivered Friday at 11am). Even using it one time was worth every penny! I used it the Friday I got it and then the next day but I'm trying to limit its use so I'm allowing myself to use it again tonite and then next week before our 12 week scan. After having a mmc earlier this year the peace of mind has been priceless!

Hi! ( I feel like I'm following you around the threads lol) I have been debating too. I never had one with my other pregnancies, but always wanted one. I still want one, but this is my last baby, so was thinking why pay now to only use it this once. I may check out that website, thanks for posting. Will you update to say how quickly you got it? I know my husband would NOT think this is something I need to buy, but I want to enjoy experiencing everything this last time around. I kinda want to experience hearing baby every now and then at home :)

Lol that's okay! It's nice seeing familiar faces (and new of coarse!:)) yes, I will update on how quickly I get it! It said 1-5 business days for US shipping, but since it's the next state over, I'm expecting probably to get it by Monday or Tuesday. I haven't even told my hubby that I ordered it as he would definitely think the same thing! It will be a surprise! Lol he will likely be home when it gets delivered since he works third shift! He hasn't yet heard the heart beat though so I know he will enjoy that. Plus, I think I got it for a great price ;) I considered renting one, but that is actually more expensive and I will probably sell my Doppler after this pregnancy. Also, if I remember right, your in Illinois right? I found two different websites that are companies based out of Chicago and the one I posted was about 4$ cheaper than the other one lol.

Just while I was typing that last post I got my email saying that it was already shipped!! That's the quickest I've ever had an item be shipped! Who knows! I may even get it by Saturday!

I got an Angelsounds Doppler around 12/13 weeks last time for DD and I loved it. It gave me peace of mind whether it was 12/13 weeks or 30 something weeks. We paid 35 dollars for it off of Amazon.

I am obsessed with amazon ( prime member) and I haven't ordered anything in 4 months! That's a record for me. I know my husband will roll his eyes if I order one ( I am a stay at home mom so we try to be wise with our spending and avoid un necessary expenses since we oNly have one income) but I think I'll remind him of my amazon sabbatical! That should justify it right?

XD I'm a stay at home mom too which I awesome. But we're able to spend extra if we want. Though right now trying to pay my car off which should be paid off before this baby comes.
But yes it totally justifies it XD Though right now we have a credit on Amazon for over a hundred dollars. (gift cards) They will be used to buy my DD big girl bed that she'll be moving into at about 20 months old

I got the sonoline B. I've heard the most about that one. I found one review on the angel sounds, but I like that the sonoline has the digital read that shows how fast the heartbeat is.

I have a Sonoline B that I got with my last pregnancy. I wasn't able to find the heartbeat until after my 12 week appointment (I think I found it myself around 13 weeks) and I haven't been able to find it again yet this time. I'd say it was somewhat reassuring the first time around, but I felt like even hearing the heartbeat I never really felt sure that I was hearing the heartbeat and not something else. I'll keep trying with it this time around, but I feel like it's been a mix of reassuring and worrying for me.

They even had a hard time at my 11 week appointment finding the heartbeat because the baby kept moving all around. The nurse wasn't patient and was a B word and then another nurse came in and found it right away! I won't be too concerne (at least I'll try not to be) if I don't find it right away!

And it says, for those of you wondering about shipping, it should arrive on Monday!:) but I'm wondering if it may come tomorrow? Either way Monday is just around the corner!:) and I'll be almost 13 weeks then!

I bought the sonoline b 2 days ago off Amazon £39.95 and it arrived today :)
Can't wait to use it later when the kids are In bed :)
I'll let you know if I find the heartbeat. I'm 10 weeks 5 days today :)

They even had a hard time at my 11 week appointment finding the heartbeat because the baby kept moving all around. The nurse wasn't patient and was a B word and then another nurse came in and found it right away! I won't be too concerne (at least I'll try not to be) if I don't find it right away!

And it says, for those of you wondering about shipping, it should arrive on Monday!:) but I'm wondering if it may come tomorrow? Either way Monday is just around the corner!:) and I'll be almost 13 weeks then!

I'll hope you get it today but like you said Monday is right around the corner. Also when you do get it heartbeat more than likely will still be really low. For me the first time I found it was about the hairline and had to push in a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->