Worth it to get Doppler?

I see you already got one. :) I got the Sonaline B as well. I have had mine for a little over a week now. I love it. I think it's totally worth it. I think it's nice to have the ability to check up on baby especially when you can't feel anything. Also, I think it will be nice later on in pregnancy to help monitor baby because I find the kick counting thing to be unreliable and difficult to do at times.

I almost bought one earlier on in my pregnancy and then put it off. I now am debating again! I almost bought one this morning and then talked myself out of it. It's pretty expensive to get a good one. What's your opinions?

I didn't read thru this thread so it may have been mentioned already, but I wouldn't pay for an expensive one. I bought an angelsounds off ebay (it was new) and i think it was only $20 or $25, and it worked great, especially being as far as you are already. I bought it when I was almost 12 weeks, and easily found the heartbeat. I used it until I could feel the baby kick and thought it was well worth it.

I just bought a used sonoline b off one of those facebook buy/sell/trade pages. Its pretty easy to use so far but I have not heard baby's heart beat yet (I am 10 weeks as of today) but I think I am hearing placenta sounds or something.. its right where the tech put the transducer when I had my ultrasound and I can hear a steady "beat" but it doesn't sound like a heart beat and is usually around 123-128 ish.. so I know its not my baby cause the baby's heart beat at 8 1/2 weeks was 178 so I suspect it would be higher than 123 or so lol I also used it to find my own heart beat (which was between 88 and 100) and the sound I am hearing doesn't really sound the same.. I even tried it on my almost 2 year old to find her heart beat LOL her's is faster obviously but still not quite what I heard before.. its hard to explain haha but I will keep trying! If not placenta sounds maybe artery or something I don't know.. haha

It' being delivered today!:) Will update later!:)

my Doppler came yesterday and I just used it about 5 minutes ago. I'm wondering how accurate the reading is on the sonoline b. On my left side I kept picking up what I know was my heartbeat because it was 80. Then on my right side kind of toward the middle I kept picking up a sound I think was the baby. The heart beat, if that's what it was, ranged from 125-160. But the beat seemed consistent but the numbers kept changing. I didn't know if I should ignore those numbers or if that wasn't the baby?

my Doppler came yesterday and I just used it about 5 minutes ago. I'm wondering how accurate the reading is on the sonoline b. On my left side I kept picking up what I know was my heartbeat because it was 80. Then on my right side kind of toward the middle I kept picking up a sound I think was the baby. The heart beat, if that's what it was, ranged from 125-160. But the beat seemed consistent but the numbers kept changing. I didn't know if I should ignore those numbers or if that wasn't the baby?

Mine is like that too.. I FINALLY found the heart beat today, it was a good strong steady beat but it only lasted a few seconds and faded away.. did that a few times (so I think the baby was moving around or something) and the number bounced from 141 to 167 I think it was.. the beat was strong and consistent each time I heard it though but yes the number did bounce around. From what I understand when you get a good steady beat, it can take up to 30 seconds for the Doppler to register/count it properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->