Would I be entitled to any early scans?

thesmiths88

Reaction score
My history: MMC last September, then diagnosed with either bicornuate or arcuate uterus (haven't finished diagnosing), and aged 37.5

I was just wondering if I would be allowed any early scans on the NHS? My main worry is where the baby has implanted this time round.

Should I ask my midwife when I see her (won't be for a couple of weeks as I'm only just 4 weeks now)?

Thanks!

Yes, best asking your midwife. I know the rules are at my EPU is that if you've miscarried and seen them during that miscarriage, they will give you an early scan next time you get pregnant.

I'm sure your midwife can tell you, but its likely you could get another scan, but not definate.

Hiya, think it varies according to the EPU - mine doesn't offer any early scans except for women who have had three or more recurrent miscarriages. But other places are more accessible - always worth asking!

Some ladies who can't get scans on the NHS have booked private scans, cost seems to vary between £50 and £125 per scan depending on area of the country.

Best wishes for your pregnancy.

I couldnt get a early scan, i live in suffolk.

i have just booked a scan at a private clinic for £45.

Thanks for your replies - unfortunately we live about 2.5 hours drive away from the nearest private clinic, so I am hoping the NHS will provide them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->