would i be mad not to be sterlised?

Mumof42009

Mum Of 4 Preemie's
Reaction score
Ive told my consultant under hast i wanted to be sterlised, i think it was mainly the way they treated me plus im scared about having another prem baby, i just keep thinking in my head its so final :cry: Im not sure if i'd want anymore as want to train to be a mw but still chance i could get broody in a few years!

This is why I'm looking into getting an IUD,

I don't want anymore babies, but I'm worried that I'll change my mind in the future. This at least leaves me the option.

From what you say it sounds to me like you are not convinced its right for you, if youre not convinced then I would not have sterilisation. Like Tasha says there are good methods of contraception, many of my friends have the little implant thing in their arm, at least they can change their mind.

I was on depo but gives you really bad headaches and heard bad things about implants so not sure what im going to do i suppose i have time to think about it. thanks hun xx

If a tiny part of you thinks you will regret it, dont do it!

the implant works differently for different people chick, what happened to other people might not happen to you, plus if you find it doesnt suit you you can always get it taken out, i agree with the others, you dont sound convinced so dont do something your gonna regret x

I would agree with the other women. IF you are not certain then do not have it done.

I had a IUD (intra-uterine) placed about 4 months after my son was born. I used Mirena and had no problems with it what so ever. Had it in place for almost 2 years but could have gone as long as 5.

https://www.mirena.com/html/index.html

I'd like to be sterilised too though I haven't talked about it yet. I have a 16 year old and this is my 2nd, I'm 35 so I don't really think I would want to go through this again I've suffered with hyperemesis and generally had a rough time but you don't sound so sure and if you've any doubts you shouldn't go ahead as it could leave you suffering with depression if you make the wrong decision.

You've got awhile to think about it yet and do research. I would look into other forms of contraception first before making a final decision!

I would think it through carefully if your not 100% certin then dont do it x

I asked to be sterilised after DS2. I had been told not to have any more (pre-eclampsia twice and his was an abruption with eclampsia and all the complications that go along with it, he has cerebral palsy because of it). I was told no because I was under 30. So got an IUD (minera).

anyhoo... here I am. IUD has either fallen out or gone elsewhere in my body.

DH is getting the snip soon as he can't bear to watch this happen again. We love our kids dearly but I don't do pregnancy very well.

If you are having second thoughts, then it's best not too. It's not reversible. Wait untill you know it's the right choice for you.

Theyve advised it because i dont carry to full-term and have prems, i want to because of seeing my babys so ill but then whats happens if everything goes ok this time and i do want another im going to think about it xx

I know a girl who got an IUD before she was married. Insurance no surprises (haha like us!) will happen before they're ready. She LOVES it. Apparently, it's comfortable and she even came to work the day she had it placed. It is expensive, but, think about it as a long term investment. My advice, get an IUD which last five years and if you haven't had the urge before the five years is up, go ahead and get sterilized!
Just my two cents!

I got on well with the implant for 3 years x

Im going to discuss with my consultant see what they think and would advise for the best as ive just changed hospitals now so they might say different x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->