Would it Be Crazy to Take a Break?

LadyVictoria

Reaction score
If I want a summer baby and the window passes for that to happen? This is our last month to have a summer baby. I'll be due in early August if we conceive this month so fingers crossed! This is also our 5th cycle trying, which I know isn't the longest time, but we've had perfectly timed sex every month and it's just not happening. I have a fertility appointment scheduled at the end of the month, so I at least have that to look forward to.

I'm a Type A planner so hear me out! My reasons for wanting a summer baby are:
  • Great weather for my delivery, baby's birthday, and maternity leave - I say this because winter can start as early as October where I live, and I really don't want to be caught in a surprise blizzard when I go into labor! I also don't want to worry about getting around in the elements after baby is born, or be cooped up in the house during my maternity leave. I guess I just envision being out and about with baby, going for walks around our neighborhood and staying active. I know this all would depend on how I'm feeling when the time comes, but a girl can dream, right?
  • I don't want baby's birthday to be close to all of the holidays. We have a lot of family birthdays in October - January as it is, and I don't want to add to that. I also want to enjoy the holidays myself and not be giving birth on Christmas, for example.
If we were to pause and start trying again next summer, that would give me an extra 9-10 months of savings. Since the end of 2017, I've been putting away a few hundred dollars every month for my maternity leave, which was going to be unpaid until my state and employer adopted a Paid Family Leave policy. You can never have too much money saved up, so that will allow me to take even more time off with my baby, which would be great! The downside to waiting is that my baby fever would likely take over me, and we're not getting any younger. I'll be 28 next year and my husband will be 48. We have no idea what his sperm quality is like. Maybe the appointment I have at the end of the month will lead to some testing on his side, and that would give me a better idea of what we're working with.

What would you do? What have you done? I know a lot of teachers try for summer babies so I'm not alone in that regard. Is it silly to waste time though? So many people say that if it takes long enough, you won't even care about your plans, you'll just be grateful for any baby. But the half a year mark is creeping up on us and I'm still feeling pretty stuck on this.

If your going to go crazy not trying why not just make it more casual? No apps tests ect just go the old fashioned way if it happens it happens. That makes you less stressed out and thinking your not trying and then when you reach (if you reach) the goal months try actively using all the tools your using now to get pregnant.

If your going to go crazy not trying why not just make it more casual? No apps tests ect just go the old fashioned way if it happens it happens. That makes you less stressed out and thinking your not trying and then when you reach (if you reach) the goal months try actively using all the tools your using now to get pregnant.

I tried to be casual in September (stopped OPKs but kept wearing my Ava) and felt even more stressed out about not knowing what was going on with my body... I kept questioning whether or not I had ovulated and had no way to really know until my temps started to rise. So that's not a good option for me unfortunately.

I'd wait until talking with my physician before deciding. Some women have issues like low AMH that may require more "immediate" action.

And I'm like you, I get more stressed out if I don't monitor everything LOL

I'd wait until talking with my physician before deciding. Some women have issues like low AMH that may require more "immediate" action.

And I'm like you, I get more stressed out if I don't monitor everything LOL

Yeah I did a lot of reflecting and I’ll see how these next couple of months go before deciding. Yes, I really kicked myself that month for feeling so clueless lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->