Would it be ok to buy this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersgirl69

Reaction score
My 5 year old DS has asked for the unicorn pillow pet off of Santa. My husband says no way he will get laughed at by his peers if he goes back to school and says he got it. I know its has lots of pink but its mostly purple. do you think?

I would buy it :) if he has specifically asked for the unicorn I wouldnt want to disappoint him with a different one! Plus, boys are allowed to like unicorns too, they are pretty cool!

I'd get it him, he wants it and who says pink and purple are girls colours?
My son asks me to paint his nails :rofl: (I don't btw), but he still plays with cars and likes mud! So do my girls haha!

I'd get it for him definitely. I think it's men that have issues with this kind of thing and not the other kids they won't bother there backside. At playgroup all the girls played with cars and the boys loved pushing the prams including my son I don't give a hoot as along as he's happy xx

tell you husband to sod off
and buy him a unicorn

unicorns are awesome!

:thumbup:

I would

I'm getting Alex a giant Makka pakka

Thanks everyone. He does love unicorns and loves reading books with them in so im going to go for it and i bet it will be his favorite present. Plus as i said to my OH im not really sure kids will go to school and list all their presents anyway. :flower:

I definitely would buy it! My OH loves unicorns, I think he'd be thrilled if Micah wanted one!

Buy it, if he really wants it! My daughter is 5 and wants the avengers, punch bag and boxing gloves, turles figures and superhero dressing up and I'm getting her it all! I want my girls to feel comfortable playing and wearing whatever they want not conform to societies silly rules, (I'm not one of them mums) just want my children to be happy.

I would buy it too, my little boy asked me for some butterfly wings (the fairy dress up wings) like his sister this morning!

I'd buy it too, although I'd hear the same from my DH. Its adult men who have the issues, not the kids. At that age, kids just like what they like, its not about boys vs girls toys with no intermixing allowed. I don't understand why adults feel so strongly about it that they have to push those views onto children. They form them on their own over time, as it is. No need to rush that.

I'd buy it. My lo went through a phase of obsession about wearing my necklaces to the annoyance of dh :haha: I just let him experiment, its not for me to limit his interests. I agree, it tends to be adult males with the problem lol but I don't see a unicorn as that girly anyway :flower:

Are you kidding? Of course buy it for him! Your OH is ridiculous and it's attitudes like that that make children think certain colours/toys/clothes are only okay for certain genders.

iv bought my son fairy lights for his bed and an Elsa wand! it's what he asked Santa for, who am I to judge :)

Go for it. His school chums will never it's pink. And you can educate your DH that the Unicorn is the National Animal of Scotland.

Useless info you always wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back