Would it be stupid to call a baby this?

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
Me and oh already have the name chosen for our baby Caitlyn for a girl and Anthony for a boy

I chose Anthony because I like the name, oh, on the other hand is a massive red hot chillies fan and is adiment if its a boy it's getting Anthony Kedis Saxton, Anthony Kedis (I think that's how you spell it) is the name of the singer in the chilli peppers. Would it be cruel lol I thought he was joking at first so laughed it off but he's actually obsessed with the name now I think he'd be upset if I said no.

I think it sounds ok personally but I don't like the fact naming our son completely after a singer lol

What's your opinions? Yes or no lol

Hmmm I wouldn't do it personally. Kieids is a very well known man and everyone would recognise it as his surname. It would be like calling him

Brad Pitt Saxton or Johnny Depp Saxton etc.

I would suggest just going with Anthony but it's your baby and you can call him whatever you like. :flower:

Agree with PP. he is v well known and I think it would be a bit much. Keidis is actually a really cool name, maybe you could put that a his first name? Or if you really want both of them it would maybe work if it was Anthony John David Keidis or whichever names you like, I always feel that if you name your child after a famous person they are always living in a shadow if you know what I mean, though he is a cool guy!

I personally wouldn't, you could suggest he picks another member of the band (or even better another band) for the second name

something like:

Anthony Chad
Anthony Michael
Anthony Josh

my OH best friend when he was younger had a child and was/is a huge motley crue fan - they named there child Nikki Lee (after Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee)

Thanks for the replies I feel exactly the same way as you's I'm just going to have to break it to oh that his middle name is not going to be keidis lol he probably thought I approved because rather then say no I laughed when he suggested it because I thought he was joking lol

Thanks for the replies I feel exactly the same way as you's I'm just going to have to break it to oh that his middle name is not going to be keidis lol he probably thought I approved because rather then say no I laughed when he suggested it because I thought he was joking lol

It's funny this came up actually it wasn't to long ago I read somewhere that the trend of using a famous persons name as first and middle name was likely to become popular!

Hmmm I wouldn't do it personally. Kieids is a very well known man and everyone would recognise it as his surname. It would be like calling him

Brad Pitt Saxton or Johnny Depp Saxton etc.

I would suggest just going with Anthony but it's your baby and you can call him whatever you like. :flower:

I think this would be a very good way to explain to your fella why it feels a little over the top to you. :thumbup:
Using one or the other of the names will still be a huge tribute without feeling silly, I think.

I don't think it's stupid at all. It's hard naming a child, I have said to OH if baby is another boy I've asked him if there's anyone he admires he'd like to name baby after as I'm having trouble finding another boys name I really love so would rather he be named after a person one of us admires than a half hearted name. I went to school with a boy called Duran his father was obsessed with the band Duran Duran lol

I would say no because it would be better for your OH to love his sons name for other reasons than it being his favourite singer.

I'd maybe compromise with the first name but thats it :)

I love RHCP but Anthony Kiedis is not someone I'd name a child after. If you are considering it after all, I'd suggest you read Scar Tissue before you decide.

I don't see the harm in it - but then I always wanted Jack Daniel for my son (but had all girls)

Personally I wouldn't, only because if 10 years down the road the celebrity commits some offensive act or dirty secrets come out I don't know if I would still be comfortable having my child carry his name. Although your OH may idolize him now, Anthony Kedis is still human and has the ability to soil his own name down the line. Never know how the two of you will feel about him years from now.:flower:

I would not do that. Anthony and Caitlyn are great names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->