Would like opinion on hcg levels....didn't double, but still rose

mamaxs4

Reaction score
Hi, I am a little concerned about my hcg levels. I have a call into the dr. but haven't heard back yet. On 6/3 my levels were 5968. On 6/5 levels were 9860. I had some spotting on the 3 and 4th but none since. Still feeling sick and my breasts are still sore. Just don't know what to think. I am 7 weeks today. What do ya'll think? :shrug:

I believe by 7 weeks your hcg levels aren't necessarily doubling still and a more accurate way to gauge how your pregnancy is going would be an u/s. In both my viable pregnancies my babies had hb by 7 weeks so I would insist on an u/s to put your mind at ease. I had spotting at the beginning of this pregnancy and it turned out ok so fx that it is the case for you too. Bleeding anytime in pregnancy...in any amount is scary. Good luck!

I was 5 weeks 6 days on the 3rd and 6 w 2d on the 5th. 7w 0d today.

I read that after your hcg reaches a certain amount it doubles every 72 hours rather than 48 and when it reaches even higher levels, it is over 96 hours.

Good luck xxx

Numbers seem good! Why are they still checking bloods at 7w!?

I'm in a similar situation. At 5 weeks (June 2) mine was at 4548 then (June 4) it only went up to 4802. I took a third test on (June 6) and it went up to 5710. My midwife says my numbers are fine even tho I don't think so. I just have to wait until June 25 for my first scan at 8 weeks 2 days. I'm hoping for the best for you. Keep us updated. Hopefully both of our beans are ok. :)

The numbers take longer to double after reaching about 1500.

At 7 weeks a scan would tell you much more about what is going on with your pregnancy than hcg blood tests

OK...I haven't been able to be online for a few days. My doc decided to test my progesterone because of the spotting and it was low so he put me on it. So glad this doc is listening and seems to really care.

When I lost my first baby, my doc( not the same one I have now) was genuinely sorry...he even looked like he was about to cry himself. That alone was wonderful. These doctors are so hard to find....I'm going to hate to move....it's going to be hard to find another one.

OK...I haven't been able to be online for a few days. My doc decided to test my progesterone because of the spotting and it was low so he put me on it. So glad this doc is listening and seems to really care.

When I lost my first baby, my doc( not the same one I have now) was genuinely sorry...he even looked like he was about to cry himself. That alone was wonderful. These doctors are so hard to find....I'm going to hate to move....it's going to be hard to find another one.

I'm glad your doctor is being proactive. I too was recently put on progesterone so let's keep our fingers crossed. I have my first ultrasound tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->