would love some advice from you lovely people!

redtulips

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and I've looked at loads of websites but none are very helpful! Basically my situation is I was on the pill (microgynon) for about 6 months. Recently I had my 7 day break then started my next pack of pills. 11 days into the packet my boyfriend and I decided to start trying for a baby so I stopped the pill, a couple of days later had a period for a few days as I do on my 7 day break, then we started having lots of sex, especially between 6th and 10th of may, which I worked out if i counted the day I came on my period after stopping the pill as day 1, then day 14 would have been 9th may. But I don't know if it was a period or just a "withdrawal bleed". It's all very complicated and I've not had a baby before. I've been looking online and some websites say basically never ever have unprotected sex or you will become pregnant, whilst others explain how difficult it is to get pregnant! I've decided to do a test on 24th but until then, I thought I'd just get some opinions on what my chances of being pregnant are? I'd really appreciate any comments, thanks :flower: xx

you could be hun my advice would be to test there are plenty of women who have got pregnsat straight after coming off bcp. you could show as pos on a test now so i would test and see.

good luck hun are you having any symptoms??

Thank you so much for replying, I did actually do a test 2 days ago but it was negative...too early I think. I just don't know, I really want to be and I hate waiting to find out! I just really don't know if my chances are good or unlikely! I'm not having any symptoms other than a kind of ache in my lower tummy like where I get period pains, but that could just be early period pains. It feels kind of strange but it might just be with coming off the pill. Too early to show symptoms I think? x

possible slightly early hunny yeh i wouold wait a few days and test with fmu huhn xx good luck x

I agree with schnoodle give it a few days and test first thing
Good luck
xx

thanks guys. Do you think there's much chance that I am? I don't want to get my hopes up but my boyfriend works away at the minute and he's had to go back to work for a few weeks, so it's going to be really difficult for us to actually have sex during ovulation. I've kind of got all my hopes pinned on this one, I know I shouldn't, but what do you think my chances are? xx

theres always a chance hun if you have had unprotected sex. good luck hunny x

yeah, it's just all i can do is wait! and the longer i wait the more hope i have of there being a chance. but then i think well it's unlikely as i've only just come off the pill etc. but then like you say there's always a chance. i just hope so so so much that i am! i just don't know if there's more a chance that i am or more a chance that i'm not given the circumstances! it'd driving me mad waiting to find out! i don't know how people cope! xx

i have only been trying for 4 cycles and its hard for me already! x

Yeah, I guess the chances of me becoming pregnant straight after I stop taking the pill aren't very high, it's just with my boyfriend working away this would work out perfectly if I was now, he could carry on working away but plan time off for certain things during the pregnancy and birth. The waiting is so stressful! I just want to know one way or the other now! Are you trying for your first? xx

I ont want to put a damper on things, as I know there are so many women who fall pregnant without even having a period as soon as coming off the pill.
But when I did, I didnt have a period for 2 months and EVERY pregnancy symptom under the sun. Apparently this is normal with the bc i was taking (cerazette). I wasnt pregnant.

It might be worth a look on the internet at the birth control you was using and the side effects of coming off of it.

:hugs: I hope this isnt the case for you :dust:

P.s. I know how hard it is to plan when OV as my OH works away too xxx

Yeah I know I should try not to get my hopes up. I did have a bleed as soon as I came off the pill but I know that could have just been the withdrawal bleed not necessarily a period. I just feel like I've only been on it 6 months so there might be more of a chance than if I'd been on it for years. I'm going to do a test on may 24th, that's the day after I would have had my last pill of the packet if I hadnt stopped taking it and when I would have had my 7 day break. I just hate the not knowing! If I'm not now I might have to wait months before we try again =[ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->