Would love some recurrent miscarriage success stories

Becca L

Reaction score
So I'm back here again after two mmc's in a year (12 weeks and 9 weeks). I'm trying to get the courage to get back on the ttc tread mill. It would really help if there was anybody out there who has been in a similar position and has come through it.

We had another mc before my daughter so we've got to the magic three mcs that the NHS need before they test you. So far the tests haven't come up with anything but next time I'm pg the hospital will scan at 6, 8 and 10 weeks. Apparently just having extra scans and supportive care can increase my chances of success back to my age related chances back to 85% (after 3 mcs your chance of a successful pg without help is about 45%).

I wish I'd known that when I was last pg because we'd just have thrown some money at some private scans if that's what it takes.

Anyway, I feel almost sick with fear at starting the whole wretched business again, but I REALLY want another baby. It's just I can't really think beyond a few months of roller coaster emotions when we're trying, then a few weeks of happy terror, then all the horridness of another d and c and associated infections and misery. I am trying to make myself believe there might be a baby at the end of it, but it's hard!

Well, I've had 4 miscarriages in total. 3 of them were within a 4 month period and then we had a healthy baby boy. Just last month had another MC. In my case it's progesterone that is the culprit. I'm under an RE's care now and with her guidance I just know all will be well as it was with my son. Good luck!

Aww- must be awful for you- we had one MC in between our first and this pregnancy and that was awful enough.

Our friends had MC and then baby, MC , then pregnant and another friend of ours had 4 miscarriages and then had a baby- everyone is different- i wish you all the best, the emotional roller coaster must be awful for you

Hi mine is not exactly the same i had 3mcs one after the other but all very early on at 6 weeks had all the tests everything was clear but consultant put me on baby asprin when i got my bfp and im now 21weeks pregnant with a little boy so please dont give up hope i was so dow and out for ages i took a break for a couple of months and the the first cycle of trying again i got my bfp!! X

That wonderful LauraLou, so happy for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->