Would love to hear IUI success stories :)

nik25

Reaction score
A little about my story- Hubby and I have been ttc for almost 3 years. 4 months of unsuccessful clomid 50 mg cd(5-9). Now we are waiting for next cycle to start so we can do our first IUI with clomid 50 mg cd(3-7). I would love to hear some success stories!

I'm so sorry that I can't offer success stories but I just wanted to wish you luck with your IUI! I just found out that my 3rd IUI resulted in a BFN, so I believe we are moving on to IVF. I meet with my doctor on Monday to discuss our options, I'm not sure if I want to try IUI with injectables before moving straight to IVF.

Good luck! I'll be doing injects for my first round

I conceived on my 4th IUI in Dec 2010. It ended in a mc at 11wks though. Since done 4 more and just had one on Wednesday. I know of some ladies on here that conceived on their 1st IUI's. Good Luck!

We've got an IUI #1 success story!

We'd been dealing w/ my husband's low #'s and not conceiving for a year and a half. We'd been told IVF w/ ICSI might be our best bet. We decided to try a few rounds of IUI first.

I was skeptical that it would work because (despite the 50 mg of clomid) we only had one mature follicle (according to day 12 us). It was a good size, but I'd read lots of dismal statistics for IUI success rates w/ just one egg.

The procedure itself was a piece of cake. Hubby went in early in the morning to provide his "sample" (ha--his favorite thing to do, or not :). We waited 2 hrs while it was prepped. Then I went in, and the whole thing took maybe 5 minutes. We did use the ovidrel trigger shot. Forgot to mention that up above.

Then, the lovely 2 week wait. As it was coming to an end, I was just SURE that it hadn't worked (I had myself pretty convinced that--if it worked, it was going to take at least several tries) because all of my symptoms were just like before my period comes. When I gave in to temptation and took an early test, I even managed to mostly convince myself that the very, very faint 2nd line I saw was probably the hcg that was still in my blood stream from the trigger shot.

But...it wasn't!!! We are now 12 1/2 weeks!!!! I was astonished at how lucky we got. Kinda like winning the lottery :happydance:. So it CAN happen!! Hope it does for you!

wow!! Congrats! You got me all excited for my IUI

We've got an IUI #1 success story!

We'd been dealing w/ my husband's low #'s and not conceiving for a year and a half. We'd been told IVF w/ ICSI might be our best bet. We decided to try a few rounds of IUI first.

I was skeptical that it would work because (despite the 50 mg of clomid) we only had one mature follicle (according to day 12 us). It was a good size, but I'd read lots of dismal statistics for IUI success rates w/ just one egg.

The procedure itself was a piece of cake. Hubby went in early in the morning to provide his "sample" (ha--his favorite thing to do, or not :). We waited 2 hrs while it was prepped. Then I went in, and the whole thing took maybe 5 minutes. We did use the ovidrel trigger shot. Forgot to mention that up above.

Then, the lovely 2 week wait. As it was coming to an end, I was just SURE that it hadn't worked (I had myself pretty convinced that--if it worked, it was going to take at least several tries) because all of my symptoms were just like before my period comes. When I gave in to temptation and took an early test, I even managed to mostly convince myself that the very, very faint 2nd line I saw was probably the hcg that was still in my blood stream from the trigger shot.

But...it wasn't!!! We are now 12 1/2 weeks!!!! I was astonished at how lucky we got. Kinda like winning the lottery :happydance:. So it CAN happen!! Hope it does for you!

Congratulations :D Do you remember your husbands post wash sperm count?

My success story: due to low sperm count we decided not to wait to long and to go for IUI. Our first IUI was Feb 2,2012, i was on letrozole and ovidrel shot. I got my BFP with 5 million post wash! Sadly we lost the baby at 6.5 weeks. Doctor assured us that nothing we did wrong and nothing wrong with us to cause the mc. We're waiting to do second Iui in June.

Goodluck! Hope to see your BFP soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->