Would this be ok for my LO?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
I want to have some drinks tonight, I usually would need 3 of the 4% drinks to feel good. Would it be ok to still breastfeed if I wait 2 hours after? Would my body absorb most of it?

I don’t recall specifics, but I would not. If you’re feeling the effects, it’s in your blood and your milk. I had the occasional cocktail, but if I got tipsy at all regardless of the amount then he got formula and I pumped and dumped. Now I was exclusively pumping and fortifying with formula due to his health needs already, so it wasn’t an inconvenience. But I definitely would not give him milk if I had more than 1-2 drinks that night

Thanks ladies for your input! Unfortunately, I've been exclusively breastfeeding and don't have a pump or anything. I hardly ever drink and when I do it's literally just the first stage.

Are you in the UK? The nhs website suggests leaving 2 to 3 hours per alcoholic drink if possible before breastfeeding. I remember being told when I was feeding that pump and dump wasn't really necessary as the alcohol clears from your milk at the same rate as it does from your bloodstream (funnily enough it was at this time of year and I wanted to know if I could enjoy a couple of glasses on my birthday and then Christmas a few days later)
I hope you had a lovely evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->