Would this upset you?

Casey-Jones

New Mummy!
Reaction score
This might seem silly but my Bro and Sister in Law are a bit of an oddity, quite attention seeking kind of people but because our family knows they are like that, when they do or say things, people just accept it because it's the way they are.

Anyway i've got 10 weeks left til i give birth, i've had numerous conversations with both bro and sis in law about names for baby and we are between two names and have been since the start. I found out via facebook last night that they have bought a dog, and guess what it's called??? One of our chosen names...and it isn't a doggy type name either.

I just feel hurt and that it is insensitive that they could call their dog what we were potentially thinking of calling our son. It's not like i had a long list of names............:cry:

Feel a bit silly but it's also really cheesed me off!! Grrrrrrrrr

Did they know it was one of your names?

Yes, we'd talked about numerous times.

Only a couple of weeks ago, i had posted the 20 week scan pic on facebook and the subject of the names came up, the sis in law even picked the name that she has now called the dog!! :dohh:

If you have had recent conversations about the name then I wuld personally think they had been quite vindictive really and would ask them about it. They may have completely forgotten or not registered but I would ask them before getting het up about it.

It would piss me off though hun yes!xx

this would totally piss me off! I would be so angry with them. x

That would REALLY upset me x If it is still one of your names on your shortlist I personally would have it out with them and say, quite seriously, that if our baby is born and we want that name we WILL be using it. So if you want to re name your dog you will understand.

I dont mean to sound heartless to the dog lol but a dog will be around for about 15 yrs and you will name your CHILD who will be around for about 80yrs + only gets named once
Dont back down!

yep you are definitely entitled to be pissed, harsh!

That's soo rude! (sounds like something my SIL would do). You should try to find out some of the baby names she likes then steal it!

OMG that's terrible that would so annoy me, it's prob my hormones at the min but i would totally be upset. Don't mind them :hugs:

yeah thats out of order. got a feeling you wont be giving much away to them in future - they dont deserve it

This would totally piss me off and I would confront them about it with your partner.

Did they know it was one of your names?

Yes, we'd talked about numerous times.

Only a couple of weeks ago, i had posted the 20 week scan pic on facebook and the subject of the names came up, the sis in law even picked the name that she has now called the dog!! :dohh:

what do u mean she picked the name? Like she came up with it?? or you came up w/ it and she said "i like it."
Perhaps, if its the former, she always liked the name and was planning on naming dog/baby that name and mentioned it to you - so u can share if you wanted. if its the latter -------um, no excuses i could think of

thats soooo bad, i hope you give them what for, stick to your guns and use that name!

Thats terrible and yes you are right to be annoyed! I'd definitely have it out with them and tell them how you feel and that they are out of order!
xx

you know what huni be mad to! still call your child the name you choose dont let them take that away from you and the baby will have a dog the same name as her she probally will like it when shes or he is older! i would still name my child the name even if they did that dont let them win thats why im not a fan of facebook to many people knowing your business i only have facebook for my dog rescue and dog stuff
dont let them win hun name your child what you like!

I would definitely be pissed as well.

I mean it's cute when your stepdaughter names her baby doll your baby's name. (Yes this is going on lol).

It's disrespectful and rude to name your dog the name a RELATIVE (not merely an acquaintance) plans to name their child. As I read that someone said earlier in this thread, it's not as if they didn't know!

The fact that she suggested the name and THEN did this just makes it that much worse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->