Would u take a baby to a 5 star restaurant?

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
We are having a family dinner where we are taking my DH's Nan and mother out to a very special dinner as they have had alot of stress lately with my DH's Grandfather being ill and admitted to a nursing home and we wanted to treat them to dinner at a beautiful 5 star restaurant.

We want to go as a family with our daughter who is a well behaved 7 month old (hardly ever cries etc)

Opinions? Is it really the place for a child? Its either take her with us or not go somewhere as nice :( And we want it to be memorable as they never go out for dinner let alone somewhere so special.

I would go ahead and bring her :) my LO goes everywhere with us and never had any problems. Hes generally very good when hes out and about too

I dont see why not if shes well behaved. You could ring and always ask if they have highchairs as this is normally a good indication of weither children are allowed..
X

Thanks ladies

Can they actually refuse children tho?

Yeah sure, like you say if you know she is good then i dont see why not, we take Toby everywhere and to be honest he is much better when out in returants as there is so much to look at and people always seem to talk to him etc, he is in his element.

I would check with the resturant though as some may not take babies?

Toby just sits in the highchair - he loves it.

Im sure it will be fine, just perhaps make sure you work in with her naps etc, you dont want her getting tired and iratable in there...

I'd say take her! Like the previous poster said, just ring first to make sure they've got a highchair so you know whether you need to take one or not. If she's normally good then you're unlikely to disturb anyone and if for some reason she REALLY acts up then if there are a few of you then you could take it turns to keep her amused. x

I would take her, she is a part of the family and even if she does cry - thats what babies do. Have a lovely time whatever you decide. :hugs:

we take lo to a mitchalin star resturant quite alot as its very near our house hes always well beahved and they make small portions for him to try and they welcome children x

7 months, sure. Weaning/sitting is still new enough that she would probably be happy to sit in the chair and play with toys/food.

Id check with the restaurant first. Me and OH rang about taking alfie to a michelin star restaurant about 2 months back and they said that they dont allow any under 14's into the restaurant. I wouldve so taken him though if he was allowed =/ me and OH just ended up going.

<3

I wouldn't b/c I'd be stressed the baby would fuss/be too loud and I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself. But if you are comfortable with it and think LO would be quiet, go for it.

Yes restaurants can refuse children if they don't have a license for them - I'd call up just to check whether they do, and if they do then great! I'd also ask whether they have highchairs and if not take a portable one with you. Hopefully they will be child friendly and you can enjoy the meal x

Yes i would, but like some of the others said i would ring and make sure they have highchairs etc.

Hope you have a nice time!!

I don't take my LO to the nicer restaurants around here. She doesn't cry either, but she can be loud when she gets excited and I wouldn't want to disrupt anyone's meal when they paid a lot of money. There are lots of other kid friendly places to choose from that are very nice!

And also, I think about when my husband and I get a rare night out alone to go to a nicer place, I'd be a little bummed if our conversation was drowned out by a yelling baby. :(

If babies are allowed, I don't see a problem Hun. We always take Omar with us since he was tiny.

If they allowed small children, I definitely would. Just take some toys or snacks or something to keep her entertained. :)

I don't take my LO to the nicer restaurants around here. She doesn't cry either, but she can be loud when she gets excited and I wouldn't want to disrupt anyone's meal when they paid a lot of money. There are lots of other kid friendly places to choose from that are very nice!

And also, I think about when my husband and I get a rare night out alone to go to a nicer place, I'd be a little bummed if our conversation was drowned out by a yelling baby. :(

I agree.. it is not something I would do.

I wouldnt either but thats because id not want to stress and just enjoy my meal while its HOT, specially if im paying alot for it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->