Would u take a baby to a 5 star restaurant?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by ShanandBoc, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ShanandBoc

ShanandBoc Well-Known Member

We are having a family dinner where we are taking my DH's Nan and mother out to a very special dinner as they have had alot of stress lately with my DH's Grandfather being ill and admitted to a nursing home and we wanted to treat them to dinner at a beautiful 5 star restaurant.

We want to go as a family with our daughter who is a well behaved 7 month old (hardly ever cries etc)

Opinions? Is it really the place for a child? Its either take her with us or not go somewhere as nice :( And we want it to be memorable as they never go out for dinner let alone somewhere so special.

2. jensonsmummy

jensonsmummy Well-Known Member

I would go ahead and bring her :) my LO goes everywhere with us and never had any problems. Hes generally very good when hes out and about too

3. KayBea

KayBea Mummy to Xanthia Lily

I dont see why not if shes well behaved. You could ring and always ask if they have highchairs as this is normally a good indication of weither children are allowed..
    X

4. ShanandBoc

ShanandBoc Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies

Can they actually refuse children tho?

5. iwanta8a8y

iwanta8a8y TTC #3 ;-)

Yeah sure, like you say if you know she is good then i dont see why not, we take Toby everywhere and to be honest he is much better when out in returants as there is so much to look at and people always seem to talk to him etc, he is in his element.

I would check with the resturant though as some may not take babies?

Toby just sits in the highchair - he loves it.

Im sure it will be fine, just perhaps make sure you work in with her naps etc, you dont want her getting tired and iratable in there...

6. JMC82

JMC82 Well-Known Member

I'd say take her! Like the previous poster said, just ring first to make sure they've got a highchair so you know whether you need to take one or not. If she's normally good then you're unlikely to disturb anyone and if for some reason she REALLY acts up then if there are a few of you then you could take it turns to keep her amused. x

7. tina_h75

tina_h75 mommy of 3

I would take her, she is a part of the family and even if she does cry - thats what babies do. Have a lovely time whatever you decide. :hugs:

8. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

we take lo to a mitchalin star resturant quite alot as its very near our house hes always well beahved and they make small portions for him to try and they welcome children x

9. bumpy_j

bumpy_j Well-Known Member

yup i would

10. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

7 months, sure. Weaning/sitting is still new enough that she would probably be happy to sit in the chair and play with toys/food.

11. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

Id check with the restaurant first. Me and OH rang about taking alfie to a michelin star restaurant about 2 months back and they said that they dont allow any under 14's into the restaurant. I wouldve so taken him though if he was allowed =/ me and OH just ended up going.

<3

12. R J 1980

R J 1980 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't b/c I'd be stressed the baby would fuss/be too loud and I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself. But if you are comfortable with it and think LO would be quiet, go for it.

13. KatelynsMummy

KatelynsMummy Mummy to Katelyn!

Why not?! I would, they'll love it! Somewhere new :)
    Have fun! :) :flower:

14. xemmax

xemmax mummy in love

Yes restaurants can refuse children if they don't have a license for them - I'd call up just to check whether they do, and if they do then great! I'd also ask whether they have highchairs and if not take a portable one with you. Hopefully they will be child friendly and you can enjoy the meal x

15. Lauren25

Lauren25 Well-Known Member

Yes i would, but like some of the others said i would ring and make sure they have highchairs etc.

Hope you have a nice time!!

16. lauren10

lauren10 1 DD, 1 angel & pregnant!

I don't take my LO to the nicer restaurants around here. She doesn't cry either, but she can be loud when she gets excited and I wouldn't want to disrupt anyone's meal when they paid a lot of money. There are lots of other kid friendly places to choose from that are very nice!

And also, I think about when my husband and I get a rare night out alone to go to a nicer place, I'd be a little bummed if our conversation was drowned out by a yelling baby. :(

17. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

If babies are allowed, I don't see a problem Hun. We always take Omar with us since he was tiny.

18. peanut56

peanut56 Mom to Hana & pregnant!

If they allowed small children, I definitely would. Just take some toys or snacks or something to keep her entertained. :)

19. Sarah&Ady

Sarah&Ady Weight Watchers Champ!

I agree.. it is not something I would do.

20. bathbabe

bathbabe Mum to 3 boys

I wouldnt either but thats because id not want to stress and just enjoy my meal while its HOT, specially if im paying alot for it x