Would you be a surrogate?

RoxieHart

Baking #2
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone was watching this morning today (UK) ... But a woman was talking about her story and her surrogate mum carrying her child for her...

Not to start a debate or an unpleasant conversation but what are your views on it?

I think it's amazing and beautiful some women would do that for woman who are having problems with trying to conceive ..

I ask myself if I would do it, and I think I actually would, but then I think having a baby grow inside me (knowing how beautiful it is) and knowing it won't be mine after giving birth would be difficult for me to come to terms with ...

Anyone had a surrogate, been a surrogate, or willing to be one?

What are your views, Im interested in knowing what others think and feel about it..

:flower:

I would only ever do it for my sister and since she is pregnant with her second I think I've escaped the possible need to do it. I wish I was that selfless, I used to want to do it, but now I have experienced that rush of love after birth I don't think I could ever make that promise to someone other than my sister. It would be tough.

I would only ever do it for my sister and since she is pregnant with her second I think I've escaped the possible need to do it. I wish I was that selfless, I used to want to do it, but now I have experienced that rush of love after birth I don't think I could ever make that promise to someone other than my sister. It would be tough.

I never thought about my sister ! If she needed someone I would actually deffo do it for her! But your right I feel the same.... X

I would do it for a family member or a close friend. I don't know if I would be strong enough to give it away afterwards, even though I know it wouldn't technically be mine. I think its really selfless though, especially to do for a stranger.

I might be a surrogate for my sister or a very close friend if they needed me to, but I don't think it's something I'd go out of my way to do. For me the issue is less about having to give the baby up (though I'm sure that would be very difficult) and more about the physical and emotional toll that pregnancy takes on me. Even though my last pregnancy was relatively uncomplicated, the hormones and stress made me a very unhappy, anxious person. My neuroticism about staying healthy and minimizing any risk to the baby would probably make me a pretty good surrogate though :haha:

I always said I would do it for my sisters but my oh said he couldn't cope if I did. I wouldn't want to put that sort of pressure on my oh so I guess I would have to say no if either of them asked.

As others have said only for a sister or very close relative and it would have to be not biologically mine, ie her egg and husbands sperm. I think I would be OK as I could still see the baby and know it was OK. I could never do it for a stranger or using my own eggs though, I would always want to know how the baby was and couldn't live not seeing my own biological child.

I honestly don't know if I could do it for anyone, even a close family member. I'd probably get too attached and I wouldn't want to go through all that again for a baby that isn't mine. I guess I'm pretty selfish.

I always said tht I would be one, but since being pregnant and suffering so bad throughout it I honestly don't think I could put myself through that for someone eles. Ano all pregnancys are differernt but I don't think I could take the risk.

It pains me to admit but at time throughout my pregnancy I actually regretted putting myself through it and trust me this baby was very wanted and planned for. But what kept me going was knowing that everyday that went by was a day closer to meeting my son, and planning all the things we would do together for the rest of our lives.

So now I wouldn't be able to do it for anyone eles. Even though I think it's an absouloutly amazing thing and admire women so much that can be so selfless.

I really don't know. I'm not a good pregnant person for starters, so to then suffer for 9 months only to give to baby away I don't think I could! I think I'd get too attached.

I admire those who do though, it's an amazing thing to do for someone else x

I would like to think I could do it, I think its an absolutely amazing gift. If its for a sister, cousin, friend or stranger. I loved being pregnant, but had a lot of complications getting pregnant, and then a very complicated birth. I'm not sure I would even be a candidate.

I follow a birth photographer who posted photos of a mother catching her own baby, thanks to an amazing surrogate. This may be a bit much for some people, but I thought it was beautiful and cried at the expression she had on her face.

I could not and would not do it personally but admire ppl who do it for those they love.

Absolutely not. I think it's an incredibly, selfless act and it's amazing that there are women in the world who are strong enough to do it.

However, I am not that type of woman because I hate pregnancy, my body is my own and it's hard enough being pregnant with my own children, let alone somebody else's.

I couldn't do it. I'd grow so attached to the baby with every wriggle and kick, through every scan and stretchmark that I wouldn't be able to give the baby up.

I didn't even realise you we're pregnant onetwothreebp

Thanks!

Being pregnant has definitely enforced my belief on that I could never be pregnant for somebody else, it's hard enough doing it for our family.

I think I would like to do it, but only for a very select group of people, ie a couple of my best friends and maybe one of my brothers. And I could only do it using their eggs and sperm - I could never give away a child that was biologically mine. It would be something I would have to think long and hard about if they asked though, as it would depend on whether I have finished having my own family first, and what age I was when they asked. I would also have to ask my hubby too - we have never discussed it, but I suspect he would say he didn't want me to do it, and if that was the case I would respect his wishes.

Two of my friends are a charming male couple and I had offered to. Then I had a crappy pregnancy and a traumatic birth and I had to revoke the offer. They fully understood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->