Would you be a surrogate?

I've always said I would, until I had my first, and now it seems an achievement to get full term that I couldnt risk that again for someone else.

I would do it in a heartbeat. I am 43 now so i can't, but if I was younger no question for a close friend or family member. And no I would not want any money just medical expenses paid.. Xo

I love the idea of doing it, and have full respect for everyone woman who does. As others have said I would only do it for my sister or my best friend.....for several reasons: I would still get to be part of the babies life
I would know the baby I was carrying would have my love anyway
The most important part is I know my best friend and sister would be fantastic mummies, I would never grow a baby fora stranger when I wouldn't know how they would treat the child.

However iv had a stillbirth, I would not be a suitable candidate. Also I am assuming they both can have babies if and when they want them, until I'm told otherwise. Now iv had my own babies I also realise how much you fall in love with the baby your carrying, and what a stress pregnancy can be.

I have thought about this in the past and said I would if a family member asked but only once I had completed my family.

After my first, I had an easy pregnancy and birth so would totally have done it for anyone really. I didn't bind with my son until he was born so don't think giving the baby up would be an issue.

Having said that my 2nd pregnancy was horrid. So much sickness and pain's and aches and then a difficult delivery (he got stuck) I don't think I could do it again - even for myself!

I love the idea of doing it, and have full respect for everyone woman who does. As others have said I would only do it for my sister or my best friend.....for several reasons: I would still get to be part of the babies life
I would know the baby I was carrying would have my love anyway
The most important part is I know my best friend and sister would be fantastic mummies, I would never grow a baby fora stranger when I wouldn't know how they would treat the child.

However iv had a stillbirth, I would not be a suitable candidate. Also I am assuming they both can have babies if and when they want them, until I'm told otherwise. Now iv had my own babies I also realise how much you fall in love with the baby your carrying, and what a stress pregnancy can be.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: So sorry for your loss XO

I loved being pregnant but I don't think I would have loved it as much if I didn't get a baby at the end of it so no I wouldn't be a surrogate. I'm too selfish.

I would be a surrogate for someone I was close to and loved but would not donate my eggs to anyone.

I think I could quite easily separate the baby from myself with it not being genetically mine, but I couldn't donate my eggs anonymously or not whoever was carrying them and know I had children in the world with my DNA I wasn't providing for.

That said I would need to really, really feel for the family /friend asking as I don't like being pregnant so it would really be a last chance thing lol, more practically than emotionally, it would be a big decision.

Once upon a time I would have said yes, after finishing having my own and knowing how difficult it can be to become pregnant after trying for 8 years (something just suddenly changed now I seem to become pregnant easily) I would have done it for someone else.
But after this pregnancy has been really hard on me with constant sickness and pain and barely being able to walk or lift my leg I really don't think I could go through pregnancy again even for myself let alone for anyone else.

I think, as many have said, it is an amazing thing to do and before I had my LO I thought it would be something I may do in the future.

But after the rush of love I felt for him, I don't think I would be able to trust myself to hand the baby over, so no, I wouldn't be able to.

If my sister or best friend asked, I can't say I wouldn't say no but not sure whether I would say yes either. I'm edging towards yes. (Since my sis is pregnant and my friend already has a LO, chances are they will never ask).

I couldn't do it for anyone though. It would devastate me to go through pregnancy and labour then hand over a baby to someone else. I admire anyone who does it though.

No I wouldn't. I'd decline all requests including my sisters / and closest friend.

I only want one child, and I wanted a girl. Got my wish & now I'm done, very easy pregnancy but no desire to do it again for myself let alone someone else.

I have thought about this. I would love to give someone that gift. But I suffer from depression and need meds for that, so.... probably not.

I would do it for family/friends as long as it wasn't my eggs. I'm not sure about a stranger though.
I've had really easy pregnancies and labour's so far so I think that probably helps. :)

I'd do it for a close friend or family deffinatly, I'm good friends with a couple who have tried for a baby for the last 5 years with no luck their fertility problems are unexplained to, they haven't done ivf yet but I've already told my oh if their still childless in 5 years time (they will be 38 and 40 at this point) then I'd happily be a surrogate for them and he's said he'd support the decision because they really are a lovely couple. I could never be a surrogate using my own eggs though as it would end up with me not handing over the baby because I'd know the baby was genetically mine.

I wish i could say yes but would become to attached. I was also very ill with hyperemesis while pregnant with lo and ended up in hospital twice on pills. My lo was worth it but dont think i could put that pressure on my family unless it was for another lo of our own. I couldent with my eggs as i couldent give away my biological child. I would worry about future implications with that child technically been my los sibling. I feel like a selfish person saying this. I really bonded with my lo in pregnancy so being honest with myself i dont think i could

yes if i had a sister who couldnt carry a child i definitely would. obviously with her egg and her partners sperm

My sister and I have always said we would do it for each other. But since having had one preemie, I'm not sure I'd be very good at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->