Would you be offended..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a great idea and as pp have said, if your friend is close enough to confide in you then hopefully it woukd be ok with her.

My only suggestion is, depending on the age of her kids, putting some little toys or something in there specifically for them.

I think its a wonderful idea and I wouldn't be offended at all. I'd give it to her early enough that she knows not to worry about affording those things herself.

I'd be beyond grateful for that. So kind xx

iwouldn't be offended, I think that's a really nice gesture. I do think its a common feeling to feel like you owe a gift back when you receive one, though, so she may then worry about that. You might want to mention not needing a gift when you give it to ease that stress. I know personally, although I always appreciate the gesture, it does tend to stress me a bit to receive unexpected gifts that I then feel I need to reciprocate that were not included in my budget.

Thanks for all the replies. We've started buying in items and are going to hopefully meet up at the beginning of December so she won't go buying lots of food items xx

Really nice idea. Though I'd say, if she's told you she's worried about providing a nice Christmas for her children, I'd forgo too many gifties and give her as big a giftcard as you feel comfortable with to Amazon or some other place that she can buy gifts from. My dad has done this for his sister during many tight years. While she would've been touched by goodies, what she really needed was money.

You are such a lovely friend.

If you are still worried the gesture may embarrass or offend her, perhaps you could find a way to send the gift anonymously....

Thanks for all the replies. I was worried that we'd maybe make her feel a bit embarrassed but we're going to go for coffee as a trio and then give her the hamper to save her feeling awkward. I definitely don't expect or want a gift in return. If she says that I'll say to do something nice for someone the next time she can. I was telling OH a few months ago I'd like to buy some things for a family who maybe couldn't afford much this year but I was struggling to get information about doing that xx

If you still wanted to do this look for your local food bank. Also our shopping centres here in the SE always do a present campaign where you can buy a gift for a child in care.

We did something similar at my old job for a lady who was struggling.

She thanked us so sincerly and with tears in her eyes. The only thing I would say is she might feel a bit embarrassed so try to maybe do a drop and run at her house with a nice card or something like that. She might be embarrassed if you give it to her at work.

Such a lovely idea xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back