Would you be offended?

You probably caught her offguard. She was likely expecting a nice IM complimenting her nursery and instead it was a criticism. You didn't mean it as such but as peeps have said she may be hormonal, tired and sensitive.

You acted with the best of intentions but perhaps it could have waited before you brought it up?

If it was a friend or even a 'good' acquaintance, ie one that i like! Then no i wouldnt be. I would if you had written it publicly on the photo, like you were publicly ridiculing me,but you didnt!

In fact, a few months ago, Noah was poorly or something... Can't remember what it was now (Thats going to do my head in now...) but someone I've NEVER spoke to, (can't remember who that was either :haha: I think it was someone I went to school with but never spoke to) sent me a message saying her mum used to be a nurse, she had seen my status and asked her mum's advice and gave me all these tips! I thought it was so sweet of her, considering she doesnt even know me! xx

No I wouldn't be offended. I take a advice on board whether I agree with it or not x

Not offended, if I wanted to take the advice I would if not I would just let it go over me

I wouldn't be offended, any advice is welcoming in my eyes!

i think hun you may have just hurt her pride a bit. she is probably really glad you told her but embarrassed that she didnt think about it herself. you know how it feels when someone corrects you on something that maybe you should of known or figured out.

i wouldnt worry hun, just leave it now and im sure she will forget about it soon!
xxxx

^^WSS xx

The same thing happened to me- i put on a pic of my nursery with cot under the window and a girl i know wrote about how u r not supposed to etc, i had already done my research but it was the only place it could go in the room, but i wasnt offended by her saying something x

Don't worry too much, I wanted to switch my LO's formula brand not long ago and a friend told me that I really shouldn't as it's bad for them, I got really offended for a couple of days and thought she thought me incapable, asif I hadn't done my research... but then I realised she just loves my baby girl and just wanted to help! xxx

If a good friend or family friend told me, I wouldn't be offended. But if a stranger told me what to do I wouldn't be happy.

From personaly experience first time pregnant mums don't like being told what to do :haha:

i think you did the right thing by telling her! maby she's took the advice on board but is too stubborn to admit she was wrong \?

i hope as the dangers of putting cot near radiator, if the baby puts it's arm through and gets stuck and the radiators on i dread to think, and even if it's on a timer on a freezing cold night i'd have the raditor on in the room when LO is in bed

Wow thanks for all your comments.

Im leaving her to it shes clearly fell out with me, was supposed to meet for tea, i tx her she never replied but was putting statuses on facebook off her mobile :s!

Never mind least i know ive done the right thing whether she takes it on board or not.

Thanks again everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->