would you do it again?

sparkle83

XLTTC: 10 yrs & counting!
Reaction score
if you get pregnant and have a healthy baby, would you try again, knowing you might have this struggle again? Or would you not try and not prevent? Would you just settle with one and not have the months of wondering and go back to birth control?

We defintely want another baby when we have had our first one.

With a bit of luck we may get twins first time round!

xx

see I dont think I could go through another 9 years like this. But, its possible that I wont find it as mentally tough 2nd time round

I hope I would be happy with one and then not try, not prevent as I don't think I could go through all this again but hormones are powerful things and I reserve the right to change my mind :rofl:

My dh and I have said that we wont try and wont prevent after we have had our first one. Not to say if then a couple of years down the line we may start trying again, probably with the view that if we have done it once we can do it again!!

It all depends how long it is before i get my first BFP. It could be 5 years down the line, in which case i wouldn't want to go through the whole 7 years again. However if it were to happen this year or next i think i would want to try again.

If I were to get pregnant and have twins I wouldn't try again. If I have just one child I would always not try and not prevent as I don't think there is any need to go back to using contraception, and I would try again to get pregnant, in fact we've even said that about 6 months after having a baby we will be trying again, but I would not go down the route of medical treatment again.

Probably the same as the other girls - not try and not prevent. I currently feel that I wouldn't go down the medical help route again if I ever manage to get pregnant even once but who knows!

xxx

Oh this is something I think about a lot. I don't know how I could face going through this every time we decide to have a child!!

We'd ideally like 3, but at the rate we're going, I'll be 70 before I have my first so 3 definately won't happen!

Once I recover from having the first (if I ever have one), I think we'll probably try again straight away. That way, we can get this terrible part of our lives of waiting, wondering, trying and being disappointed, over with and get on with being happy.

But then again, who knows.....

Interesting thread. I think about this quite a lot. We'd like two, so IF we are lucky enough to have one, we've said we defo won't prevent straight after and would start trying in earnest with medical intervention not too long after. I read you should leave a full year between giving birth and getting pregnant..... well, if I were lucky enough to fall pregnant sooner I don't think I'd let it worry me. I tell you something, I won't ever touch contraception again until we have completed our family!

dont think we would use contraception after we have a baby. dont think i fancy going down treatment route again, but hey i believe that maybe the best cure for infetility after treatment is actually having carried a baby, so here is hoping. im quite optimistic about it all and have never really got caught up in it or let it rule my life, so i think id be just the same following our first. hope that makes sense!!! im not very good at explaining lol!!

i def wud try again straight away after. im an only child and my mums and only child. i def want more than one child!!

I would not prevent, but I would wait before starting this crazy journey over again. I would spend some precious time with the much loved child I would have. But that said, knowing I have 1 would take a lot of pressure off - so I'm hoping that perhaps I might be able to conceive the second naturally..My mother tried for 8 years for me, then fell pregnant with my sister 4 months after I was born......I hope to hell some of her luck rubs off on me

Yes, I can honestly say "I would" because I am...this is going to be (one day) baby #3, and all of mine were a struggle...but, this one more so than the rest.

i would definitely try again, i have always wanted at least 3, i dont like the thought of having an only child, ive always felt that they would get lonely being home with adults all the time.

I think nothing in this world is as big as a desire for a child. I believe we can endure lot more than we many times gives ourself a credit for. We will all fight for our families as long as it takes. It depends on every one, someone feels complete with two, some want even four. I honestly don't know what I would feel like after having the first one, but I definitely know now I will want him/her to have a sibling.

I'd not prevent but not try so earnestly!!! The whole TTC thing has taken over my life (not in a completely bad way - I just am always aware of timings for :sex: , two week wait, feeling like the :witch: is on its way etc) so I would like to just get on with enjoying life and more importantly enjoying my baby and DH!!!

At the moment, I don't even dare to wish for more than one. It's got to the point where I think we'd feel our lives would be complete with our one precious baby (does that sound a bit cheesy??), but deep down, I want ideally 3, so with the difficulties we're having and my age, I think I would definitely try again as soon as I was ready.

i was thinking about this today. I would not prevent after the birth and see what happens - it'll either go one of two ways - fall pg straight away or it be another long journey. But def try again. I always wanted 2. Now thinking of 3!

s it true ur most fertile, sort of around the time u stop breastfeeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->