Would you do it all again????

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Knowing what you know now... would you do it again?

For example:
When I was in High School I was a Cheerleader. For all 4 yrs- summers included (camps, practice etc...)- we did competitions and it was really a huge factor in bringing me out of my shell. It helped me learn more self confidence and I was SO shy most of my life- this was a HUGE turning point for me. I have so many found memories because of it. Made some great friends I'm still in touch with too. Even taking a girls trip next month with 2 of them :)

The issue is, because of how hard it was physically on my body- I've lived with different aches and pains since. I developed tendonitis in both my shoulders- I still have knee pain- and bad joints overall. Yet- knowing all this, I couldn't take it back. I think, ideally, I'd just be smarter about it. Take better care of myself during those years- not just push through the pain (stupidly)... I'd get help for it and treatment and, in general, just take better care of the one body I have this life.

Is there something you did then, that you might second guess now? Obviously we can't change the past, besides, it's all part of the journey that brought us were we are today-- just thought it might be interesting to share.

If we could only tell our younger selves what we know now right?! :haha:

I don't think i would change a thing.
I mean yes it would be nice to have done more, or focused more or looked after myself and lost weight sooner but, i wouldn't have the life i have now otherwise? I truly believe even the smallest of decisions make big important impacts.

cheer leading sounds awesome! We dont have that over here!

I was a gymnast for 10 years so I know what you mean about pain. People look at me and assume I should be healthy and feel fine..but I'm really falling apart. I'm always in pain. But I wouldn't change it. Those were some great years and I accomplished a lot that I'm proud of

I wouldn't change a thing. Even the bad stuff. If anything was changed, I wouldn't be the same person I am now and LO wouldn't be here probably. I agree with lhancock, even the slightest thing could change everything.

Not even kidding, I would do my entire life again and change it all. From being about 2. But then I guess I wouldn't have my little boy, so I don't know.

Honestly, I would change a lot.

Probably starting with insisting my parents getting me some kind of mental health help early, instead of letting them drill it into me that it's all a load of BS and that I just need to "suck it up and drive on". I feel like maybe if I had that kind of help, I'd have felt like I was capable of handling college, and that my life would be better all around.

I wouldn't move country again that's for sure :p

I would definitely do my college years again. That's the only time in my life that I can say was really good. The rest has been a bit meh. Aside from having LO of course.

The rest I'd rather forget about.

Looking back there is loads I would do differently but do I regret not having done it - no, because that's how we learn in life.

I wished I had focused more on education, with out any effort I passed everything so who knows what I could have achieved if I had put some effort in. I also wish I had made better decision in my degree and career choice.
I wish I had travelled more before having children and been better with money.

But I am only 26 so a hoping to have a lot more of life to enjoy and do the things I have not had the chance to yet.

ooh interesting....I'm one for saying I never have regrets, but there are definitely things I did as a young wild teen that I would despair if My LO even thought about doing, but would I change it myself.....no, only because all those things made me who I am today...even though I am NOTHING like I used to be as a teen, but I just think/wonder that if I hadnt have had those crazy/wild years (bad boy boyfriends, enjoying going out and stopping out more than school/college)... I would maybe fancy a crazy stage now?? I dont know, coz i cringe when i see teens now like i was back then. I did well at school, went to college, dropped out the first time, but went back the following year, worked for afew years then went to uni afew years ago. Ive always been academic, i just had that as a sideline for a while :blush:..I love my life now, love my job, pay isnt great but its ample for the workload/daily stress it entails. We have enough money to do things we enjoy, but not enough to be throwing it around iykwim. :thumbup: whoops, waffled abit but interesting! :thumbup: xx

yes. Absolutely. I can pin point the exact moment.

But I wouldn't have what I have now.

I wish I hadn't wasted so much time hating my body. I hated it with a viciousness thay brings bile to the back of my throat even now. I wish I had developed a healthy relationship with food, because I still struggle now. And I wish I hadn't wasted so much time in an unhappy relationship.

I don't regret the wildness because I had So much fun.

I would have left school and gone to college to do my hair and beauty course. I went for the interview and then decided I wanted money and got a job in a department store. To this day I still want pursue a beauty career.

But then I wouldn't have met my eldests dad and wouldn't have her, so no wouldn't change it.

Me! I was a competitive (long distance) swimmer for 13 years and have chronic tendonitis in my shoulder. I need surgery to fix it, but I just don't want to do the weeks/months of physical therapy. I know my limits, and know what will aggravate the pain. And I just learned to deal with it over the past decade. :shrug:

I wouldn't change a thing. I'd keep my painful tendonitis just so I can have the life experience swimming gave me. The competition, learning to fail, learning to win gracefully, teamwork, dedication....all values that made me into the woman I am today.

And school. I "wasted" two years forcing myself to do a major that I HATED, until I finally switched to one I knew I would love. But doing that first major taught me skills that made my gradating major strong and more well versed. I'd do it all over again.

Boyfriends. I dated two other guys before my DH. One was a complete d!ck and the other was a left over hippie who still hasn't amounted to anything in life (other than getting kicked out of two universities and have a solid major in smoking pot). But both relationships taught me a lot.

So no....I really wouldn't change too much. lol

ooh interesting....I'm one for saying I never have regrets, but there are definitely things I did as a young wild teen that I would despair if My LO even thought about doing, but would I change it myself.....no, only because all those things made me who I am today...even though I am NOTHING like I used to be as a teen, but I just think/wonder that if I hadnt have had those crazy/wild years (bad boy boyfriends, enjoying going out and stopping out more than school/college)... I would maybe fancy a crazy stage now?? I dont know, coz i cringe when i see teens now like i was back then.

I hear ya- I certainly did things as a young adult (pretty much through my 20's) that I can say I'm not really "proud" of- BUT- I wouldn't take back any of the stupid wild crap cause I got it out of my system. I would for sure cridge at the thought of either of my girls going down that path-- I hope they are wiser, but, at the same time I want them to experience LIFE when they are young- so when they do settle down they look back and laugh and have crazy stories to tell. Maybe just not AS crazy as mine! :haha:

snap! Maybe they all do it, its just their mums dont know about it! Id rather that I think. Although Id hope she can come to me with anyhting like i could my mum, but i didnt tell her the things that i knew would upset her :dohh: although, when i was 16 and my younger sister was 3, she stumbled across my diary and gave it to my mum....damn technology not being around then to have password protected facebook accounts...i wrote stuff in a diary :dohh: mum found out everything and what i did and with who :dohh: x

The only thing I would change would be to have gone to college/uni instead of getting a job at 16. I always wanted to be a commercial airline pilot and I will never have that now. I'm only 25 though so I can still go back to education if I decide xx

Knowing what I know now, would I do it all again? No.

I have made so many bad decisions in the last 6 years, if I could change them all I would. But I can't, so as my mother says I've made my bed and now I have to lie in it.

snap! Maybe they all do it, its just their mums dont know about it! Id rather that I think. Although Id hope she can come to me with anyhting like i could my mum, but i didnt tell her the things that i knew would upset her :dohh: although, when i was 16 and my younger sister was 3, she stumbled across my diary and gave it to my mum....damn technology not being around then to have password protected facebook accounts...i wrote stuff in a diary :dohh: mum found out everything and what i did and with who :dohh: x

Ratted out by a 3yr old! :haha: I would have died!

Least I cut my parents a break and got into my "wild" phase after I moved out! lol. I was really straight laced in High School- so maybe I just needed to get it out of my system at some point? My parents had NO clue- they heard a few stories way later... but still, I think it's better they didn't know. :dohh:

I feel sorry for my parents..they had 3 daughters..my oldest wasn't that bad. But me and the baby sister...oh geez lol. But I learned a lot through those years and had the time of my life. Me and OH we're still in that phase when we met so we'll reminisce about those days sometimes.

Hmm...tough question! I was a cheerleader and also showed horses competetively all through teenage years. At the time, I was in great shape and didn't notice a thing, but now I think it has weighed on my body and I get back pain quite a bit (likely from all the strain in cheerleading). I wouldn't want to not have those memories though. It was an amazing experience growing up, and I still treasure those memories.

One life experience I would probably change would be my choice for graduate school location....Although I had the time of my life at the school, living on the coast and getting to go to the beach all the time, enjoying the culture of the area, etc....I will be paying student loan debt practically forever for that experience. It sucks. Yes, I loved the time I was there, but I don't think it was worth how much I owe for out of state tuition at a medical university. Yikes. I would hate to not have those memories, but LOVE to not have the bills. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->